Orientation Clip and Pivot for Manual Trans Clutch Interlock Switch

Joystick

I have a 1992 Ford Thunderbird Super Coupe (3.8L V6 w/ Supercharger) with a manual transmission. The following part numbers come from a Ford diagram titled: “1992 S (Thunderbird), 70 – Standard Transmission, Clutch, EXTERNAL PARTS, Clutch and brake pedal”. The diagram has the number P21778 and the date 2/15/99 in the lower right corner. I need a plastic orientation clip shown on this diagram (Part No. E9SZ9D816A).

There is a neutral safety switch or clutch interlock switch on the clutch (Part No. 1C3Z11A152AA). The clutch neutral safety switch operates via a push rod (Base Part No. 7R537), which transits the neutral safety switch and passes through an orientation clip and pivot (Part No. E9SZ9D816A). It is the plastic orientation clip and pivot that I need. It has fractured on my vehicle, and Ford no longer makes the part. Please help me find one. Thank you.

Is this the switch you are speaking of? Just want to make sure we are looking for the correct clips.

Attachments

• getimage.jpg
    getimage.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 807
Orientation Clip and Pivot for Manual Transmission Clutch Interlock Switch

Thank you for your reply and suggestion.
In general, the orientation clip and pivot is not sold with the interlock switch. I did look up the local Autozone store, drove over, found the switch, and determined that the orientation clip and pivot is not included.
The switches are generally available, even (I believe) from Ford.
(I am a newer member, and this is my first posting. I eventually also posted this on the Want to Buy section.)

NP. Didnt mean to come across as anything put getting information and trying to help out.

This is the picture from a 95. Says it just uses a C clip.

On the phone trying to get a part number.

Attachments

• 0900c1528006bc03.jpg
    0900c1528006bc03.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 3,137
If you go back to the Ford Dealer ask them for the position switch from a 90-03 F150 5spd. Part number should be E8TZ7L518B see if that has what you need. There is a clip in there.

I went to Ford and identified the F150 5-speed transmission clutch interlock switch (Part no. E8TZ7L518B), and the parts tech ordered it for me. When it came in, we determined that yes, the switch is the same, but the clip is not the same, has the wrong orientation, and cannot be modified to fit the 5-speed T-Bird SC. Happily for me, Ford agreed to take it back, as we had not installed it.

This is Ford's attemt to use the same part (the clutch interlock switch) on many different models, but to make this happen, each model needs a different clip. So sad that some switches come with clips, but the T-Bird SC clip is not available.

it is not the right part but i used a o ring to go on there,it went right in the groove and has not moved,take that back i used a small washer and then a o ring .its been on there a couple of months now and has worked fine,i could not find a clip that would stay on there.and i drive my car at least twice a week.

Orientation Clip and Pivot

Thanks for the response and the idea.
If we cannot find a replacement, we already determined to epoxy the broken clip, and then drill and bolt it to the bracket.
(All this brou-haha for a $2 plastic part!)

clutch switch clip

If you have any luck locating the pivot I need one also, been looking for a while, I have a 1990 5 speed

Last edited:
Back