Thread: what kinds of mods will require messing with the computer????

Question what kinds of mods will require messing with the computer????

my overall guesstimation would be....exhaust and air intake wouldn't need any (to an extent i suppose) but i'm sure once you get into the gas/fuel mixing processes, something must be done. (like fuel pump, camshaft, injectors, etc) i've trying to get an idea what i can do before i hafta either get a new computer, or reprogram mine (whichever is better or cheaper) anyways, somebody feel free to ramble about how to start modifying my 89 (without spending too much money at first) i jsut don't want to modify things until i understand exactly what's going on in there (the physics and such) thanks to any and all!

DrFish
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

Injectors..

Pretty much you can do whatever ya want far as boltons...When ya go with injectors at or above 38lb then you are gonna want an EECtuner...EECtuner is a good idea anyway, regardless of what you do...Fan controls, as well as so many other options you are probably already aware of...Dr. Fred writes files for the EECboards...If you do a search on EECtuners, you will come up with alot of usefull info...

Cheers