MPX Plenum

RadBird

Been working on this for about a month, but here are pictures of my updated MPX plenum. It will use an accufab mono blade Lightning throttle body. That throttle body will flow 1696 cfm@ 28" of mercury. If I can get 850cfm through the supercharger I will be very happy. To help get as much flow before the throttle body I am using a 90mm Lightning MAF with 4" tubing. :)

Attachments

• MPX Plenum1.jpg
    MPX Plenum1.jpg
    389.1 KB · Views: 184
  • MPX Plenum2.jpg
    MPX Plenum2.jpg
    420.2 KB · Views: 184
  • MPX Plenum3.jpg
    MPX Plenum3.jpg
    418.8 KB · Views: 165
You would be better off just using stock Ford slot maf instead of that Lightning one to free up the airflow, they can be bought on ebay for $15 and no need to ever upgrade again.

Been working on this for about a month, but here are pictures of my updated MPX plenum. It will use an accufab mono blade Lightning throttle body. That throttle body will flow 1696 cfm@ 28" of mercury. If I can get 850cfm through the supercharger I will be very happy. To help get as much flow before the throttle body I am using a 90mm Lightning MAF with 4" tubing. :)

Looks interesting. Are there any difficulties with adapting stuff like the TPS and IAC ? Are you eliminating the bypass valve or using another type ? Does this require a new throttle cable ? Will the cruise control still be functional ? What year is your car and what type of transmission do you have ?

David

If your not to beat up to post...

Looking forward to the final sandng/cutting and the addition of the of the fixtures.

Paul

I am not done yet. Mating surfaces need to be machined flat, sanded smooth and then powder coated. The IAC will be mounted to the side, TPS will be on the throttle body, trans is a 4 r70w. Yes, I made a template for the MPX. I could also make these for all other versions of the m90, I would just change the inlet to the supercharger. The bypass is on the tube going to the manifold.

Back