95 5 Speed Low Miles - Rare • Lots of Mods • SOLD!

Belisarius

This car has

Sold!

I regret that I must sell my 1995 5 Speed SC. I've only owned the car for a few years, but my dad bought this car new. It was actually his last company car and he bought it from the company when he left. The car has never been in an accident. I got it from him, and I added some parts.

1995 5 Speed
Electric Red Clear coat
Opal Grey cloth/leather 6 way power seats
Miles: 104,292
Miles on new remanufactured motor: 22,032
NEW: Price: $4,000 or BEST OFFER. (price lowered again)
Southern California
San Pedro, CA

Modifications:
Vege ATK remanufactured SC engine (the manual transmission version) installed at 78,259 and properly broken in. Heads are stamped "SC".
SCP 3" Cold Air Intake
76mm MAF
75mm Throttle Body
MP Raised Top
3" Pulley Boys Compressor Pulley
SCP heavy duty SC belt tensioner springs
Double IC
SCP 2.5" down tubes + cats
Kooks Mid Length Headers
2.5" Custom True Dual Mandrel Bent Exhaust
Chuck W Type 8 Engine Mounts
Kene Wagner Double Intercooler
Raceware Alumnium Radiator
SCP Cross Tower Brace
New Tokico ARC shocks
Control Freak Diff Cover
Lincoln Mk VIII Pumpkin
Lincoln Mk VIII LCA
Lincoln Mk VIII 3.08 Ring and Pinion
DLF Delrin Bushings for LCA
DLF Delrin Spring Perches
DLF Running River Steering Link
Quarterhorse with sidesaddle
David Dalke Base Tune
Cobra 10th Anniversary Front Calipers
Cobra Rear Calipers
Cobra hubs
17x9 Bullit Style Wheels
Addco 1.125 Rear Sway bar
DLF Rear Sway Bar Bushings and Mount Kit
New battery
New starter
'95 SC Factory Manual
Ford Specifications Manual
New: I forgot to mention the new and unused 17" spare wheel and tire.

The only things wrong with the car:
Needs to be painted.
Odometer went out at 92,927 Odometer repaired and working. It reads 104,000.
It hasn't been lowered.
Airbag light is flashing Code 51 [Code 51 is an intermittent short to ground. The shop is tracking it down and an oem airbag computer is $30 on eBay.[/b]
Once in a Blue Moon the QH will loose its program. I re-flash and everything works. The QH can be disconnected. The Quarterhorse has been removed. It appeared that, either in vibration or installation, that the chip had partially pulled away from the PCM diagnostic port. There was a bracket but nothing actually holding the chip on other than contact friction. To re-install the chip would not be a problem but it appears that it needs to be secured with something in addition to contact friction.
I'm currently driving this car once a week or so; everything is working smoothly except as noted above.

PM me with any questions. This car is fun, fast and awesome. I love it, but I need to cut back on expenses.

Attachments

• tbird1.JPG
    tbird1.JPG
    177.5 KB · Views: 6,640
  • tbird2.JPG
    tbird2.JPG
    221.3 KB · Views: 6,687
  • tbird3.JPG
    tbird3.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 6,501
  • tbird4.jpg
    tbird4.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 6,242
  • Window Sticker No Vin small.jpg
    Window Sticker No Vin small.jpg
    430.6 KB · Views: 6,331
Last edited:
What kind of shape are the rockers and floor pans in? Any rust on the underside?

The car lived just outside Portland, Or most of its life, and here in So. Cal. for the last few years. Neither place has road salt so no rust. It's a 17 year old car that averaged less than 6,000 miles a year.

When I took it to the shop to have most of the suspension done, they blew the motor and then replaced it on their dime. I even have the original motor if the buyer wants it. I haven't got around to taking the old motor apart to see what went wrong.

The car has never been hit.

This car is ready to drive across the country and then some.

Nice car but with needing to spend thousands of dollars on a paint job makes it tough.Good luck with the sale though

Nice car but with needing to spend thousands of dollars on a paint job makes it tough.Good luck with the sale though

I got my wife's Explorer painted at 1 Day Paint and Body here in So. Cal. They did a good job and the whole car was under, I think, $700. They have a special right now for $509 for their 5 year guarantee paint job. If you do some of the prep, the results will be even better. My plan was to get a fiberglass hood to be painted with the car.

On the other hand, one could go buy a 150,000 mile SC with a nice paint job, but it won't have a new motor, new suspension, custom exhaust, etc., etc., etc.

How many 5 speeds are left out of that 574?

How many have new motors?

How many have less than 100,000 miles?

It's a great car.

David

Wasnt trying to put your car down at all sorry. its got a ton of nice stuff on it and worth the money to some people. Theres no way you could get a base coat clear paint job that is any good for $700 up here and not even if you did all the prep yourself

It's a great car. So is a car that needs a motor and has a great interior and body/paint. Either way if you need to spend $2,500 on a motor or $2,500 on paint the car may be priced a little high. A car is only worth as much as the person willing to spend the most. If you can't sell the car you either need to do one of two things. Keep that fine ride (because it may be worth more to you than anyone else and that is OK) or lower the price. Either way it is a very nice ride.

My original post was too negative.

It's a great car...
The only difference being one does not need to spend $2,500 on new paint. A car will go without paint. One needs to spend money for a new motor a the car won't go without it.

I would love for people reading this thread to list all the reasons one should buy my car. That kind of post would be helpful. Talk about how there's so little room where the Quarterhorse gets mounted, and how it would cost all sorts of money to have someone do it for you; how it's cool that this car already has that, not to mention the Dave Dalke base tune.

Someone else could post about the great Raceware aluminum radiator is, how you can't get them anymore and how the welds, on aluminum, are like a work of art.

Another could go on about the DLF delrin setup, or all the aluminum in the rear end and how the reduction unsprung weight helps the handling.

Hey did you see that the car has less than 100,000 miles, it's a five speed, has the window sticker and a new motor?

Make this more like one of the threads in the technical section where people genuinely try to help a person with a problem. My problem is I need to sell my car for the best price possible. I'm failing to see, at the moment, how repeatedly bringing up the one fault this car has, is going to encourage buyers or help me sell my car.

Last edited:
You are correct on all counts. As club members we should be trying to help you and we haven't done a very good job. I am very sorry.

Original post too negative.

The only difference being one does not need to spend $2,500 on new paint. A car will go without paint. One needs to spend money for a new motor a the car won't go without it.

I would love for people reading this thread to list all the reasons one should buy my car. That kind of post would be helpful. Talk about how there's so little room where the Quarterhorse gets mounted, and how it would cost all sorts of money to have someone do it for you; how it's cool that this car already has that, not to mention the Dave Dalke base tune.

Someone else could post about the great Raceware aluminum radiator is, how you can't get them anymore and how the welds, on aluminum, are like a work of art.

Another could go on about the DLF delrin setup, or all the aluminum in the rear end and how the reduction unsprung weight helps the handling.

Hey did you see that the car has less than 100,000 miles, it's a five speed, has the window sticker and a new motor?

Make this more like one of the threads in the technical section where people genuinely try to help a person with a problem. My problem is I need to sell my car for the best price possible. I'm failing to see, at the moment, how repeatedly bringing up the one fault this car has, is going to encourage buyers or help me sell my car.

Original post too negative.

Well played Belisarius, excellent post, there are a number of reasons why Forums like this exist and are popular, what you said!

Someone will appreciate what you and your Dad created and build upon it and make it their own.

Thanks for reminding everyone to play nice!

GLWS
:)

Back