new estimate Dyno #s and 1/4 times?? :D

Bump this up new guesses ?? :D

Soo I thought id revive this instead of making a new one

As
Title states
New guesses on dyno numbers may take me a month to put this back together or so but will be dynoed soon and tune is coming from Dave D.

I wanna know what you guys think about this set up and what power should I expect out of it

Heres whats gonna be on the car coming day to dyno:

Late model m90 ported (same port from an s port) but bigger outlet
Gasket match ported heads and intake
Stock valves and cam
94-98 ported mustang shorty headers
2.5" catless downpipes into Magnaflow resonator
Single 3" pipe back (late model tank) to a Y pipe back to dual 2.5s witg dual Borla pro xs mufflers
76mm steel idler pullies
Arp Head studs
190LPH FI walbro pump
Fel pro permatorque gaskets

New stuff
SCI aluminum underdrive pulleys
60lb siemens deka injectors
6g alternator swap
85mm c&l maf
85mm MP throttle body
Magnum powers inlet plenum
3.5 custom made fresh air intake
31x12x3 cx racing fmic 2.75 piping
Dual fmic puller fans
16" radiator pusher fan
19x26x3 all aluminum southwest radiator
Coated gtp rotor pack
Innovate lc-1 wideband o2
Sct 8 position chip
10% sci aluminum jackshaft pulley
5% blue tongue motor sports aluminum sc pulley
Aluminum oil catch can
180t stat
3.73 rear gears
(Raised top dont have one but if I get one in the next couple weeks it will be on it)

---built trans---
Aode stamped reverse drum,
Aode sun shell,
2" high energy overdrive band,
aode 4 intermediate plate setup ,
hardened 300m direct drive shaft
mark 8 output shaft
stamped steel direct and foward drum
raybestos blue plate clutches
raybestos steels 6 direct 6 fwd 4 reverse 4 intermediate,
transgo AOD hp shift kit
, transgo high rev gov kit,
lube mods
2500-2800 pro street intruder converter
Transmission cooler with fan
new bushings bearings gaskets and all

Last edited:
255 rwhp at twisted innovations. You might want just 10% overdrive with that combination. Much more might hurt more than help.

Chris

Last edited:
255 rwhp at twisted innovations. You might want just 10% overdrive with that combination. Much more might hurt more than help.

Chris

Really hope it be higher than that... I might do the stock pulley i got but even then that stock I have is a 92 pulley on a late model is like 3 %

Really hope it be higher than that... I might do the stock pulley i got but even then that stock I have is a 92 pulley on a late model is like 3 %

I hope so too. The biggest bang for your buck after this would be a set of big
valved heads and a custom ground cam. There have been a few cars that came close or broke 300rwhp with stock cam and valves but most seem to be in the 240-280 rwhp range. You really have to have a good blower and know what your doing porting the heads to get everything out of it. Maybe you have this, I'm just speaking from what I've usually seen if you know what I mean.

Chris

Last edited:
I hope so too. The biggest bang for your buck after this would be a set of big
valved heads and a custom ground cam. There have been a few cars that came close or broke 300rwhp with stock cam and valves but most seem to be in the 240-280 rwhp range. You really have to have a good blower and know what your doing porting the heads to get everything out of it. Maybe you have this, I'm just speaking from what I've usually seen if you know what I mean.

Chris

Ive been doing a lot of work to it I am getting a set of heads ill have spare to work on and get big valves on there slowly while using my car pockets are dry after the current list of upgrades being done
I think whether it mskes 240 or 280 the tune and gears will make everything work like it should and I am hoping to drive a complete different animal once its done

Soo I thought id revive this instead of making a new one

As
Title states
New guesses on dyno numbers may take me a month to put this back together or so but will be dynoed soon and tune is coming from Dave D.

I wanna know what you guys think about this set up and what power should I expect out of it

Heres whats gonna be on the car coming day to dyno:

Late model m90 ported (same port from an s port) but bigger outlet
Gasket match ported heads and intake
Stock valves and cam
94-98 ported mustang shorty headers
2.5" catless downpipes into Magnaflow resonator
Single 3" pipe back (late model tank) to a Y pipe back to dual 2.5s witg dual Borla pro xs mufflers
76mm steel idler pullies
Arp Head studs
190LPH FI walbro pump
Fel pro permatorque gaskets

New stuff
SCI aluminum underdrive pulleys
60lb siemens deka injectors
6g alternator swap
85mm c&l maf
85mm MP throttle body
Magnum powers inlet plenum
3.5 custom made fresh air intake
31x12x3 cx racing fmic 2.75 piping
Dual fmic puller fans
16" radiator pusher fan
19x26x3 all aluminum southwest radiator
Coated gtp rotor pack
Innovate lc-1 wideband o2
Sct 8 position chip
10% sci aluminum jackshaft pulley
5% blue tongue motor sports aluminum sc pulley
Aluminum oil catch can
180t stat
3.73 rear gears
(Raised top dont have one but if I get one in the next couple weeks it will be on it)

---built trans---
Aode stamped reverse drum,
Aode sun shell,
2" high energy overdrive band,
aode 4 intermediate plate setup ,
hardened 300m direct drive shaft
mark 8 output shaft
stamped steel direct and foward drum
raybestos blue plate clutches
raybestos steels 6 direct 6 fwd 4 reverse 4 intermediate,
transgo AOD hp shift kit
, transgo high rev gov kit,
lube mods
2500-2800 pro street intruder converter
Transmission cooler with fan
new bushings bearings gaskets and all

Miguel

Looks like you have a pretty good set up except for the stock heads and cam. You may also find it necessary to tighten up the TV cable if you dyno or race the car. The trans-go shift kit often causes the car to upshift into OD at WOT above 5000 rpm even though the shift lever is still in D. Ive seen the same thing happen on the dyno too.

I'm thinking you will see around 250-260 rwhp (SAE corrected) High to mid 13s.

David

Miguel

Looks like you have a pretty good set up except for the stock heads and cam. You may also find it necessary to tighten up the TV cable if you dyno or race the car. The trans-go shift kit often causes the car to upshift into OD at WOT above 5000 rpm even though the shift lever is still in D. Ive seen the same thing happen on the dyno too.

I'm thinking you will see around 250-260 rwhp (SAE corrected) High to mid 13s.

David

Thanks David, I hope so more than the power I want to enjoy the car for a while since I haven't much ,
heads and cam will be next sometime I hope

So I should raise the pressure from 33psi at idle maybe run 36, 38psi?
I always have it a bit more than the 33 like at 34~5psi but what should be a good pressure to set it to ?

And yes that is the flaw silverfox told me of the transgo it will kick into OD at WOT and that hurts the band he told me with 2" band and upgraded stuff I would be alright just to not do it everyday but that it would happen no matter what on the dyno or track unless I did a D1D shuffle and finished the 1/4 before I ran out of 3rd gear
Dyno he said if I ran 4th it would kick in unless I get a valve body with a OD lock out switch which is another thing on my list hehe

Thanks David, I hope so more than the power I want to enjoy the car for a while since I haven't much ,
heads and cam will be next sometime I hope

So I should raise the pressure from 33psi at idle maybe run 36, 38psi?
I always have it a bit more than the 33 like at 34~5psi but what should be a good pressure to set it to ?

And yes that is the flaw silverfox told me of the transgo it will kick into OD at WOT and that hurts the band he told me with 2" band and upgraded stuff I would be alright just to not do it everyday but that it would happen no matter what on the dyno or track unless I did a D1D shuffle and finished the 1/4 before I ran out of 3rd gear
Dyno he said if I ran 4th it would kick in unless I get a valve body with a OD lock out switch which is another thing on my list hehe

I have no idea what the resulting line pressure would be. Back about 11 years ago we would just take a small stack of slotted washers (aprox 1/4"thick) and put them between the lug on the TV cable and the adjuster to temporarily tighten the cable while on the dyno or the track, then remove it for normal driving. I think the same results could be accomplished by tightening the TV cable as much as possible without restricting the throttle plate from opening fully at WOT.

I got tired of messing with it and bought a Lentech VB with electric OD delete, like Dan at Silver Fox was suggesting to you. Problem solved, and also gained the ability to manually up/down shift all gears without doing that silly shuffle shifting thing. Doesn't hit the shifts as hard as the Trans-go when shifting automatically, but hits a little harder than trans-go when manually shifting. Great mod for anyone with an AOD.

David

I have no idea what the resulting line pressure would be. Back about 11 years ago we would just take a small stack of slotted washers (aprox 1/4"thick) and put them between the lug on the TV cable and the adjuster to temporarily tighten the cable while on the dyno or the track, then remove it for normal driving. I think the same results could be accomplished by tightening the TV cable as much as possible without restricting the throttle plate from opening fully at WOT.

I got tired of messing with it and bought a Lentech VB with electric OD delete, like Dan at Silver Fox was suggesting to you. Problem solved, and also gained the ability to manually up/down shift all gears without doing that silly shuffle shifting thing. Doesn't hit the shifts as hard as the Trans-go when shifting automatically, but hits a little harder than trans-go when manually shifting. Great mod for anyone with an AOD.

David

Awesome ill probably do that soon as i recoup funds ive heard nothing but good stuff from lentech VBs , I usually drive on D in the city to keep OD from kicking in and out since it gets annoying at about 45~50mph kicks in and out the kick down out of OD is a bit harsh since I did not use a wave spring on the fwd drum to accommodate extra clutches there drilled a tiny hole in the piston to act as an accumulator
So Only on hwy I let it go into OD much

Ill forget about all this with the lenny VB
They also have one that doesnt really rely on the tv cable right ? I thought I had seen something like that not sure of it

Awesome ill probably do that soon as i recoup funds ive heard nothing but good stuff from lentech VBs , I usually drive on D in the city to keep OD from kicking in and out since it gets annoying at about 45~50mph kicks in and out the kick down out of OD is a bit harsh since I did not use a wave spring on the fwd drum to accommodate extra clutches there drilled a tiny hole in the piston to act as an accumulator
So Only on hwy I let it go into OD much

Ill forget about all this with the lenny VB
They also have one that doesnt really rely on the tv cable right ? I thought I had seen something like that not sure of it

Lentech sells another VB that is very similar to the one I'm using in my 91 SC and it uses a TV cable, but only for automatic shift points. I actually have one of those I took off my turbo SC's AOD, when I switched to a Lentech full manual VB with a trans brake. It may require using a solid input shaft because it has Lentech's patented Rev 3rd load holding something or other that Silver Fox and others can't do without infringing on Lentech's patent.

The full manual VB doesn't use a TV cable at all and the pressures are fixed. I thought I was going to hate it, but I actually like controlling when all the shifts happen in that car. It doesn't do anything unless you shift it manually and will try to start in OD if you don't shift it to 1st. No unexpected downshifts either.

David

Lentech sells another VB that is very similar to the one I'm using in my 91 SC and it uses a TV cable, but only for automatic shift points. I actually have one of those I took off my turbo SC's AOD, when I switched to a Lentech full manual VB with a trans brake. It may require using a solid input shaft because it has Lentech's patented Rev 3rd load holding something or other that Silver Fox and others can't do without infringing on Lentech's patent.

The full manual VB doesn't use a TV cable at all and the pressures are fixed. I thought I was going to hate it, but I actually like controlling when all the shifts happen in that car. It doesn't do anything unless you shift it manually and will try to start in OD if you don't shift it to 1st. No unexpected downshifts either.

David

I would like that controlling the shifts precisely when I want them
Do u think I could use a manual valve body with a direct drive hardened shafts ? Maybe they would have to calibrate it for my set up right ?

Well no dyno yet its been a while

But I was able to make a 14 flat and my best trap was a 102
I know.it has a bit more in it but I need to adress some small issues and get a pair of slicks

Back