Driveshaft for your needs

BirdofPrey97

Working with P.E.M. vendor named Randy for a group buy and the prices vary a bit between the AOD/M5R2 and the 4R70W due to the difference in the Slip Yoke prices.

Below is the information I was sent on the group buy.

Here is the information on the 3.5" Aluminum 1330 Drive Shafts for your group club buy.
item # description racerprice buy10 buy20

• racerprice buy10 buy20​
  • 3.5" Aluminum Drive Shaft .114" wall
    $299.00 $279.00 $250.00​
  • AOD/M5R2 Slip Yoke
    $62.95 $55.90 $53.00​
  • 4R70W Slip Yoke
    $75.00 $71.25 $67.50​

The drive shaft slip yokes will be installed and the assembly balanced. The parts used are
the same as the Ford Motorsports Driveshaft (OEM Quality). Please check the transmission
rear seal diameter for the slip yokes.

The U-Joints will be Neapco Performance Dynamics solid cross with Dura Lube and Alumigard
treatment on the caps.

Slip Yokes and U-Joints are provided by FRPP.

We can do a $ 30.00 Flat Shipping Rate price for UPS Ground in the US 48 states.
This is a little higher in 2012 because UPS added an over 60" long box surcharge and
most of these will probably be residential delivery.

We wold need approx. 10 days lead time to build these drive shafts and ship.

The $ will be sent to me with your shipping address and once at least 10 are made the question will be to see if people want to hold out for 20. I would like $150 deposit made. Dwolla or Paypal.

May 15th, sound like a good cut off date?

1. OxmanWI 4R70W

Attachments

• Drive Shafts.pdf
    87.8 KB · Views: 160
Last edited:
Sorry guys trying to get it to let me list it similar to excel, but I am not succeeding. I put the PDF in there to help with viewing. Pick the Slip Yoke you need and add $30 to it for your price.

If we get 10
AOD/M5R2 $365 shipped.

4R70W $380.25

If we get 20

AOD/M5R2 $333.00

4R70W $347.50

Last edited:
S6H 7N7 is the postal code.

Here is the response from the vendor:

UPS Standard - $ 64.31 Insured plus he will owe any Canadian Duties or
Taxes.

Ship To: MOOSE JAW, S6H7N7, CANADA Ship From: SAINT CLAIR, 63077, UNITED
STATES

Total Shipment Weight: 21 lbs. Customs Value: 367.00 USD

Residential UPS Account Number: 42w4v0 Number of Packages: 1 Duty Type:
03 - Low value Package Details Package DetailsPackage Actual Weight
Dimensions / Packaging Declared Value Notices
21 lbs. 64 x 5 x 5 in. /My Packaging $367 USD

Just wondering, maybe I didnt see it. Whys this better then stock?

3.5" Aluminum 1330 Drive Shafts

Larger diamater and lighter. You can do a search on 1330 joints either here on the site or web and that will give you further info.

It is a different vendor than dynotech and cheaper and trying to get nailed down dynotechs weights to see how much lighter it is. Dynotech is not good at answering my direct questions about their product.

So it will work better with the rearend having gears? And more power out of the motor? What kind of power will it be able to handle? Does it fit with the stock drive shaft loops?

So it will work better with the rearend having gears? And more power out of the motor? What kind of power will it be able to handle? Does it fit with the stock drive shaft loops?

I would suggest doing a search on these items. For brief answers:

1. Not sure what you are asking. The function of the part is the same as a stock part.

2. It is less rotating mass. That is where the HP and TQ gains would be. It doesn't increase what the engine is putting out, but allows less loss to the wheels.

3. HP will be able to handle around the 600hp mark with the 3.5 at 114 wall. If you need more the wall will need to be 125 and will cost more.

4. I am not aware of any stock loops inplace. None of my Birds have had them. The 3.5 will fit within the stock location without mods.

Again, feel free to search and this information is out there on the site.

So do I have this right if we get 10 buys?
Driveshaft $279
4R70W slip yoke +$71.25
Shipping +$64.31
Total = $414.56

That sounds reasonable. It would be ready to bolt-in, correct? Seems there isn't that much interest at the moment....?

So do I have this right if we get 10 buys?
Driveshaft $279
4R70W slip yoke +$71.25
Shipping +$64.31
Total = $414.56

That sounds reasonable. It would be ready to bolt-in, correct? Seems there isn't that much interest at the moment....?

Yes, that is correct on price, but you will have the USD $367.00 that will need the custom charge on top of it. These are a direct bolt in. This company is used by several of us that dirt track race and the driveshafts there take a lot more shock than what most of us will be doing with them. I have several PM's on this, but only a few orders. They are doing a driveshaft for me and the total weight of it was 16lbs for those that were asking.

Last edited:
I would suggest doing a search on these items. For brief answers:

1. Not sure what you are asking. The function of the part is the same as a stock part.

2. It is less rotating mass. That is where the HP and TQ gains would be. It doesn't increase what the engine is putting out, but allows less loss to the wheels.

3. HP will be able to handle around the 600hp mark with the 3.5 at 114 wall. If you need more the wall will need to be 125 and will cost more.

4. I am not aware of any stock loops inplace. None of my Birds have had them. The 3.5 will fit within the stock location without mods.

Again, feel free to search and this information is out there on the site.

You have no cross over members on your car? Funny, all my cars have them from my 92 sport to my 91 sc or my 90 sc. The question was rather simple. The idea behind something might just be for a little better then stock or if it's made to handle 800+ monsters.

You have no cross over members on your car? Funny, all my cars have them from my 92 sport to my 91 sc or my 90 sc. The question was rather simple. The idea behind something might just be for a little better then stock or if it's made to handle 800+ monsters.

Sorry, when I read cross members that is different to many than a safety loop. When a safety loop is mentioned the NHRA requirments come to mind.

These driveshafts will handle drag racing with our cars up to 600hp. If you go over 600hp step up to the 1350 joints and the 125 wall that is good up to around 1000 hp.

David N is running the same mechanical driveshaft, but different manufacture just for a HP and setup reference.

Last edited:
Sorry, when I read cross members that is different to many than a safety loop. When a safety loop is mentioned the NHRA requirments come to mind.

These driveshafts will handle drag racing with our cars up to 600hp. If you go over 600hp step up to the 1350 joints and the 125 wall that is good up to around 1000 hp.

David N is running the same mechanical driveshaft, but different manufacture just for a HP and setup reference.

I didn't mean to get so pissy. That was my question on the power level. It'd be a few weeks or a month before I can get the funds.

Are you going to post this at TCCoA too? Might be able to get more folks interested...??

Who is the vendor here, in other words if I have a problem with the shaft, who do I talk to?

Also, this would be a one-piece shaft, correct? Just want to be sure, I'm thinking it is...

I'd be interested in this driveshaft . I just need to come up with the cash. It would need to handle quite a bit of hp

Are you going to post this at TCCoA too? Might be able to get more folks interested...??

Who is the vendor here, in other words if I have a problem with the shaft, who do I talk to?

Also, this would be a one-piece shaft, correct? Just want to be sure, I'm thinking it is...

1. TCCOA is not a place I post on. If someone wants to post a link feel free.

2. The vendor is P.E.M. as stated in the first post. The person I am working with is named Randy. His contact information will be sent to anyone who makes a purchase.

3. The shaft is 1 piece.

Back