Trouble starting when warm

I may actually try the cam sensor first since it is easier to get to. If that doesn't cure it I'll toss on the crank position sensor I already have. I just hate having to leave my car run when I go into a Sheetz (I only do this if someone is with me) because I fear it won't start when I come out. I have been lucky in that it does eventually start whenever it acts up but I'm afraid as the weather gets warmer the less helpful it will be on cooling the engine down when the car is parked after driving.

I'm still having an issue with mine not starting when the car is warm. Knock on wood it may be hard to start but somehow (for now) it will eventually fire up so I can drive away. My concern is that this problem will only get worse seeing where I live the temps are starting to warm up and like last night I had a few hot-start issues when I went to dinner and when I got fuel. It was in the upper 50s, low 60s. The issue rarely came up when it was deep into winter and the temps were never climbing out of the 20s or low 30s.

I recently replaced the while fuel pump unit along with the fuel filter and it didn't help the starting issue. I bought a crank position sensor and I have yet to install it seeing I have no idea how to get to it to change it. I'm starting to get fed up with this car seeing my issue is definitely temperature related. I have a digital temp gauge in my car for water temp and yesterday it hit 230 a couple times and then the fan kicked on. It was running between 190-220 most of the day when I was driving it, according to the gauge. Not sure if this is normal seeing I never had an SC before. The worst was when I got fuel and it went to crank and didnt start. On the second try it seemed to hit a dead spot and stopped cranking like the battery was dead. Tried a 3rd time and it slowly started itself up and ran rough for about 15 seconds then smoothed itself out like nothing ever happened. When I say it runs rough it's like there is a sputter and I have to give it a little gas so it won't stall like it isn't running on all cylinders. But everytime it clears itself up after 15 or so seconds. Any suggestions as to where I should go from here? I've only owned this car 4 months and put over 5k miles on it (It hit 44k the other day haha) and I'm at a loss. Thanks

Next time it doesent start try holding the gas pedal wide open wile cranking this will turn off the fuel injectors. If it starts that points to a rich condition this can be caused by a leaky injector or in my case a ECT senser telling the computer that the engine is stone cold (when its not)

I will have to try the pedal hold down method. So far today I haven't had this issue, but at the same time it is 30 degrees outside. I just want to narrow this down so I'm not having to toss parts at it until the problem goes away.

I will have to try the pedal hold down method. So far today I haven't had this issue, but at the same time it is 30 degrees outside. I just want to narrow this down so I'm not having to toss parts at it until the problem goes away.
With the cam sensor and the DIS module, its never a bad idea to have a spare. It's educated parts tossing. :D

That is the best way I have every heard anyone put it hahaha. I always kept spare stuff for my other cars and I always have a huge box of stuff to give the new owner whenever I sell a car. I pity the person who will end up buying my Monte Carlo... the spare parts box weighs about 235lbs

Back