Front shock mount

IkeyM

SCCoA Member
Anybody ever use the MEVOTECH Part # MP901970 front shock mount - sold at Rock Auto? Just wondering about the quality and if they are good to use - I know they cost a lot less than the KYB mounts.Any input appreciated.

Anybody ever use the MEVOTECH Part # MP901970 front shock mount - sold at Rock Auto? Just wondering about the quality and if they are good to use - I know they cost a lot less than the KYB mounts.Any input appreciated.

Most Mevotech stuff is the cheap Chinee crap.

Let's look at it this way - how much is it going to cost you to replace that shock mount? What is your time worth? Now, how much extra does that KYB cost?

I used the KYB on my car - it rides a LOT better than it did with the original rubber in there.

(I think the new KYB shocks had a bit to do with that also ... :p )

RwP

Most Mevotech stuff is the cheap Chinee crap.

Let's look at it this way - how much is it going to cost you to replace that shock mount? What is your time worth? Now, how much extra does that KYB cost?

I used the KYB on my car - it rides a LOT better than it did with the original rubber in there.

(I think the new KYB shocks had a bit to do with that also ... :p )

RwP
Well. My Mevotech right side shock mount broke. Kept wondering what all that rattle/pop/shimmy crap was. Well I finally got tired of it and decided to pull off each shock to see if they were shot as the wheels felt like boing-boing-boing from a bad shock (brand new tires, new tierods, and new LCA frame bushings). When I got to the pass side, I noticed the ARC bracket was sitting way down in the hole. Pulled the shock off and found a sunken mount. :confused: I think these mounts had maybe less than 4 years of service.

I bought them for 2 reasons.
#1.. they were on clearance :rolleyes: :eek: but
#2. I badly needed a set and the SC specific part was mostly mia and what was there was pricey.

I installed a newer Mevotech. BIG improvement in the ride and no more rattle pop. I'll keep an eye on these; FWIW, these were actually made in India.

Upper shock mount

I know this is an old thread but the only one that came up with the Mevotech part #.

I am currently checking but it seems that KYB no longer offers the upper shock mounts for our cars.

Moog and Mevotech seem to be the only ones who make it. Moog quality has really deteriorated in recent years with nearly all their products outsourced to China. Some are saying that Mevotech may be better than Moog.

Although the on-line Mevotech says that MP901970 works on the SC, their tech couldn't confirm it as the same part number is used for non-SC cars. Does anybody knows for sure that it does, including with the adjustable suspension?

Are there any other choices regardless of price?

Thanks in advance.

Back