Kooks headers - blah. FMIC - blah. MP Plenum, not so Blah anymore...

I think we are just about right on target with our power #'s.

• Stock, dyno says 185rwhp. Track says 15.5 @ 89mph = 190rwhp.
  • Exhaust, MPII blower, 3.5" intake, dyno says 250rwhp. Track says 14.3 @ 95.5mph = 246rwhp.
  • New motor with mild ported heads/cam, dyno says 295rwhp. Track says 13.7 @ 100mph = 285rwhp.
  • MP plenum and 10% OD, dyno says 320rwhp. Track says 13.2 @ 103.5mph = 313rwhp.

To recap:

• Bolt on's net about 60rwhp. Takes the car from boring to acceptable.
  • Mild heads/cam package nets 40rwhp. Almost enough to have fun but not quite.
  • MP plenum and 10% nets about 30rwhp. You'd think we'd be having fun at this point but honestly its just enough to make you want more.
The thing is the car is quick and has excellent manners. This is probably about how Ford should have built the SC in the first place. You don't notice the cam at all, and it has a super smooth power band. Looking at the datalogs load stays just about flat all the way through the rpm range (2500-5500rpm) which is nice.

It has maxed out the MAF I have on it and it is running the 50lb injectors at 90% duty cycle. If we didn't have alcohol injection, it would be knocking on the door of 100%. Keep in mind though that this is a 6000rpm motor, not a stocker that max's out at 4800rpm.

I think when I go back to the track next time with it I will run the 28" tires and run the skinnies up front. We also have a couple super secret squirrel mods coming up but if I told you, I'd have to shoot you....;)

I think we are just about right on target with our power #'s.

• Stock, dyno says 185rwhp. Track says 15.5 @ 89mph = 190rwhp.
  • Exhaust, MPII blower, 3.5" intake, dyno says 250rwhp. Track says 14.3 @ 95.5mph = 246rwhp.
  • New motor with mild ported heads/cam, dyno says 295rwhp. Track says 13.7 @ 100mph = 285rwhp.
  • MP plenum and 10% OD, dyno says 320rwhp. Track says 13.2 @ 103.5mph = 313rwhp.

To recap:

• Bolt on's net about 60rwhp. Takes the car from boring to acceptable.
  • Mild heads/cam package nets 40rwhp. Almost enough to have fun but not quite.
  • MP plenum and 10% nets about 30rwhp. You'd think we'd be having fun at this point but honestly its just enough to make you want more.
The thing is the car is quick and has excellent manners. This is probably about how Ford should have built the SC in the first place. You don't notice the cam at all, and it has a super smooth power band. Looking at the datalogs load stays just about flat all the way through the rpm range (2500-5500rpm) which is nice.

It has maxed out the MAF I have on it and it is running the 50lb injectors at 90% duty cycle. If we didn't have alcohol injection, it would be knocking on the door of 100%. Keep in mind though that this is a 6000rpm motor, not a stocker that max's out at 4800rpm.

I think when I go back to the track next time with it I will run the 28" tires and run the skinnies up front. We also have a couple super secret squirrel mods coming up but if I told you, I'd have to shoot you....;)

I need to be shot do tell.

The thing is the car is quick and has excellent manners. This is probably about how Ford should have built the SC in the first place. You don't notice the cam at all, and it has a super smooth power band.

I will second this. That car is deceptively quick. It doesn't look like much is going on and even if you putt around it doesn't scream "modified." But it makes better low end torque than mine and revs out way better than you would imagine. It really is how Ford should have made them.

After driving that thing, and now after seeing Ludorf's...it is quite obvious that I need way more overdrive :)

I will second this. That car is deceptively quick. It doesn't look like much is going on and even if you putt around it doesn't scream "modified." But it makes better low end torque than mine and revs out way better than you would imagine. It really is how Ford should have made them.

After driving that thing, and now after seeing Ludorf's...it is quite obvious that I need way more overdrive :)

You do. I think I'd add 10% to yours if it were mine. Then I wouldn't have to call you Kurt Jr. anymore.

the 50 pound injector comment scares me. cause im afraid i might be in the same boat if i ever get this thing running. trying to fix a few isssues before we can fix the tune.

the 50 pound injector comment scares me. cause im afraid i might be in the same boat if i ever get this thing running. trying to fix a few isssues before we can fix the tune.

My engine has a fairly flat fuel requirement with respect to rpm. In other words, the injector pulsewidth is almost the same from 3500 to 6000rpm. The only problem is, the higher the rpm, the shorter time there is for that pulsewidth to happen. Most cars with mild cam combo's like mine don't rev like this one does so it's not usually a problem. A mild SC engine normally doesn't pull much beyond 5000-5500rpm. This one is a little different due to how it's put together so it revs better than most. If your torque starts to fall off significantly after 5000rpm then you won't have a problem.

That being said, 50lb injectors normally max out between 330-360rwhp.

Need to know more about the Waldorf 255's. Sounds serious.

The Waldorf 255's are custom built fuel pump named from John Ludorf (Walbro + Ludorf = Waldorf), a new offering from SCU.

255 GPH, @ 300 BAR of pressure...don't let your fuel lines burst....

:p

Back