superduty w/6.0

moovn2vegas

hope that maybe someone has dealt w/ this motor, and can give advise on oil leak on top of motor. do you have to pull cab? any advise would be a big help.

Is it the feed for the high pressure oil pump? This motors are known for high pressure oil system failures. What kind of mileage is on it?

What year of 6.0? Guessing 05/06.

If you want to take the heads off then it is a engine or cab pull to do that. Personally, I pulled the engine to keep the cab from rattling later in life.
Stock oil filtering system or has an aftermarket bypass been installed for extra filtering?
More details would be very helpful.

230k miles. no mods at all. its my dads p/u. 2003 and has had probs since he bought it new. leaking has gotten so bad we have to do something. when you pull engine, do you pull rad, grill, bumper and pull it like a van?

there are a ton of places that cause oil leaks on those trucks i work on them everyday
oil filter housing
hpop cover
oil pressure sender
turbo drain tube
injectors plug in o rings
oil cooler cover leaking
the list goes on and on
most likely tho its the oil filter housing or oil cooler cover but very possible that the oil drain from the turbo is leaking also

thanks, where gonna clean it up this wkend, prob pick up a camera scope(wanted one anyway) and maybe some die. will let you guys know what i find, brian

ICP sensor? Just under the turbo. If its in the valley it's not the ICP.

If you pull the motor, do the Radiator for sure the other items listed make it alot easier.

Radiator and Radiator support and IC and front bumper and grill make it much easier. AC just needs to be moved over out of the way, but before all that I would check the injector control pressure sensor its on top of the high pressure oil pump. If you dont remove the turbo you need the specific tools to pull it.

If its back under the turbo and hard to see I would be its the ICP. There was a recall on them from the 03 era.

Pics are worth a thousand words.

Last edited:
Back