Fuel Injector Compatibily help.

Bluntz

Im having a problem with my SC, 95 3.8
I pull the wiring harness of the injectors and the motor does nothing different. I got platinum plugs and new wires so i dont think thats the issue. I cannot afford new injectors so i was wondering if there are other year models of ford that i can take the injectors off at the junkyard?

Thx.

Im having a problem with my SC, 95 3.8
I pull the wiring harness of the injectors and the motor does nothing different. I got platinum plugs and new wires so i dont think thats the issue. I cannot afford new injectors so i was wondering if there are other year models of ford that i can take the injectors off at the junkyard?

Thx.

What does the motor do, or not do?

Have you checked for the fuel pressure?

Checked for gas smell at the vacuum side of the fuel pressure regulator?

Platinum plugs don't always last long on these cars ... I THINK the 3.8SC also uses a Waste Energy Spark System (like the 4.6), and if it's not double-platinum (tip and center electrode), half your plugs may burn off inside of a few thousand miles (like 10,000 - but for platinum, that's a very few.)

Rebuild kits aren't that much, and reman'ed ones can be had for not a lot - I bought a set of 8 for my 5.0HO for $100 off eBay.

THAT said - according to RockAuto, the 1995 3.8SC motor has interchange with ... a 1994 3.8SC. OTOH, by getting a tune for it, you can upgrade your injectors. Also, Airtex/Wells has the #CK880A fuel injector rebuild kit for about $31 at RockAuto. Checking my other sources, I find that http://www.rjminjectiontech.com/products/inj-kit lists a kit for up to eight injectors. I'd call them before ordering - it may not apply to the 3.8SC - but it's another arrow in your quiver, as it were.

In any case, I'd still check and make sure the fuel pump hasn't failed. And I don't mean "Gas spurts out when I press the Schraeder!", I mean "It has 42PSI on crank, and holds at 37PSI when I stop cranking".

One last thing - I'd grab a noid light set and see if the ECM is FIRING the injectors. If not, before I paniced and presumed the ECM was bad, I'd check the ... ignition switch.

RwP

Back