I spy another turbo in hiding.....

DD had a rear mount twin turbo setup for twin charging posted for sale not to long ago.

Really? Appreciate the heads up. I'll have to do a bit of research. Looks like I may have something to spend my re-enlistment bonus on while I'm waiting on Dalke to start taking more orders on something else. :cool:

-Corey

Corey,
I'm not a turbo guy by no means but I must admit that this set-up is very visually appealing to me, much more than your old set-up. It looks well thought out and pretty bad azz. Are you still running the split port set-up?

Yes, still 100% stock heads, unported. After seeing kevin's head numbers I'm anxious to see the power I can make if I can get double dees to go wild with his nonferrous carbide burs of power!

what kind of cigars are those, ill get you a huge box and supply a keg of beer if you come help me sort out my turbo project :rolleyes:

Mr. Binks turned into a lightweight. Someone needs to take their car back to Gary and have it painted Teal.

Ran outta room in the engine comp, figured Id try something. Cut a piece of 1/8 alum to mount some crap to. Just need to figure out a nice way to attach it to the side of the frame. Then Ill paint it to match the valve covers.

4ec0036f.jpg

Threw some bling on my bling. Found a little sticker in my glove box.
a9df14b0.jpg

Last edited:
Ran outta room in the engine comp, figured Id try something. Cut a piece of 1/8 alum to mount some crap to. Just need to figure out a nice way to attach it to the side of the frame. Then Ill paint it to match the valve covers.

4ec0036f.jpg

Threw some bling on my bling. Found a little sticker in my glove box.
a9df14b0.jpg
Looks like a good place for a Hello Kitty sticker ;):D

Kurt my fully sized tbu sticker is applied in the proper location, this is a 2in version that i received no instructions with:p

Corey,

You didn't get any instructions with the small TBU decals, because I don't care where you put them. They are good for use on trailers, helmets, tool boxes, beer coolers or whatever else you can think of.

David

Last edited:
Last night ended in a BOOM. Had the batt disconnected, slipped the ring terminal on the back of the alt. Then slipped the bat cable on. Got a bit of the tiny arc but I slid it on quick so didnt see a big arc to signal a problem. About a minute later, BOOM! Totally blew up the grey wire going to the fender solenoid. Prob a charging wire. After some inspection and some phone talk with the CMAC, found out the plastic isolator on the charging stud was gone, so the ring terminal was grounded right to the alternator case. Hopefully only that wire is shot. Dont need any other problems right now. I plan to attempt another start today. Not rushing tho. Current status:

b80617fd.jpg

Last night ended in a BOOM. Had the batt disconnected, slipped the ring terminal on the back of the alt. Then slipped the bat cable on. Got a bit of the tiny arc but I slid it on quick so didnt see a big arc to signal a problem. About a minute later, BOOM! Totally blew up the grey wire going to the fender solenoid. Prob a charging wire. After some inspection and some phone talk with the CMAC, found out the plastic isolator on the charging stud was gone, so the ring terminal was grounded right to the alternator case. Hopefully only that wire is shot. Dont need any other problems right now. I plan to attempt another start today. Not rushing tho. Current status:

b80617fd.jpg

Sure is a sweet looking setup. Cant wait to see it first hand:D You did it up real good

Ken

Back