New wheels for my 91 SC

Dave,

I like the new wheels too, but I needed some wheels on the car to work out the rear suspension issues, so these went on instead of driving it with a spare.

If it ever cools off a little I've got a new 50 GPM electric water pump I'll be installing on the black car, just to mess the garage up a little. Got a little more bling for the white one too. Check out this new pulley Mike Tuck made for me.

David

Sweet! Is that a race pulley? I forget what size you are running now.

Sweet! Is that a race pulley? I forget what size you are running now.

Dave,

No it's the stock size pulley to replace that black one that initially came with the kit, that is back on the car now. The other pulley is 3.375" and looks the same as the new 3.500", and I haven't had it on the car since we installed the 95mm TB (too much boost).

Since after installing the 95mm TB it made 25 pounds of boost and air charge temps were getting too high, the 3.375" pulley probably won't be used again unless I get a bigger intercooler or retune the car for running on more octane. Not sure when that will happen, because I'm pretty content with the car just like it is.

David

Last edited:
I like the look of your new pulley, David. And, if you ever do upgrade your intercooler, keep me in mind, sir.

Here you go.

David

As much as I like Saleens I think your other rims look better, maybe it's because you car is white. If it was black I think the chrome Saleens would look better.

Hmmmmm..........I wonder what your black turbo car would look like with black Saleens...........;)

As much as I like Saleens I think your other rims look better, maybe it's because you car is white. If it was black I think the chrome Saleens would look better.

Hmmmmm..........I wonder what your black turbo car would look like with black Saleens...........;)

I don't know...but here is what it looks like with the Boyd PT22s and 3/4" drop Vogtland springs.

93SC110812.jpg

David

Needs more tire on the back. I wonder if you could fit 315/35's on there?

Not likely with these wheels, they are tucked in a lot further than the Smoothie II wheels I used to have. I could probably get a 285s on there, but that's about it.

David

Looks great David.. I really like the 3/4" drop springs, might have to keep those in mind for the '94.

Jeramie

My 285 nittos drag radials greatly improved the look of my car IMO. I fit them 0 rubbing, empty air bags. And the car squats hard under throttle.

Back