Movin on up

SuperChicken89

Lookie what I finally bought after 10 years of wanting one. When the garage was ordered 10 years ago, it was purchased with one of these in mind. I'm so very happy... no more jacking cars up just to check something simple.

Bryan

Attachments

• camera  phone 241.jpg
    camera phone 241.jpg
    426.2 KB · Views: 116
I agree, everyone should own a classic Cougar!

I couldn't agree more :D I've only owned this one for a short time.... 36 years this August :D

After installing the lift and putting the Cougar on it, I walked underneath it and just stood there with a huge grin on my face :D No more jacking up the car for a simple task.

The first major project which utilizes the lift may be a tranny removal from the Cougar again:mad: Should have put wingnuts on that thing years ago. I hate that AOD with a passion. If I wasn't into it for about $3,000, I'd remove it and find a lake to toss it in. I wish Alan or Dan lived closer.

Bryan

haahahaha, dude I suggest we all show up and Bryan's so we don't have to jack ours up anymore either!! :):)

RJ

PS, I can't believe you have that Cougar sitting over top of your number one garage queen, what about the oil spots!! :D

I hope I don't jinx myself, but my lift seemed to have fixed my transmission replacement needs. Although, I did also spring for the transmission jack. So if you didn't get get the jack, your results may differ :D

I know you are already asking yourself why you waited so long.

Performed my 1st real work on the lift yesterday :D All I can say is Wow how did I live without this thing before? In 30 seconds the car was at a workable height and draining the ATF from the trans. In less than an hour, I had the car up, ATF drained, pan down (which involves disconnecting the header collectors), and Valve Body removed. In the past it took me about 30 minutes just to jack the car up and support it on jack stands before any work could be started. It was great working under the car without having to lay on my back. Had the car up high enough to roll around under the car on my little Harbor Freight adjustable padded stool. Life is good :D

Bryan

Last edited:
haahahaha, dude I suggest we all show up and Bryan's so we don't have to jack ours up anymore either!! :):)

RJ

PS, I can't believe you have that Cougar sitting over top of your number one garage queen, what about the oil spots!! :D

Any oil/fluid dripps are covered by the drip pans provided with the lift. By the way... my cars don't drip:D

I'll be glad to work out a payment schedule for use of the lift. Have to pay for it somehow :D

Bryan

Back