MPX case pictures can it be fixed?

davec73

SCCoA Member
Here is a before and after pic of the MPX I am attempting to fix let me know what you think btw .005 was removed
mpxfix5.jpg

mpxfix4.jpg

mpxfix3.jpg

mpxfix2.jpg

mpxfix1.jpg

I intend to send it to wade at high speed labs in stl. I have purchase a gen 5 m90 off of a low mile grand prix (which is much more efficiant than the early model) and have him put the newer rotors on a 95 m90 bearing plate. He will coat the case add new bearings and seals to the front plate mount the new coated rotors on the sc shafts re time them and check it for clearance. I plan on putting my stock pulley back on and adding a snake bite internal 30% overdrive to the snout as well. I just want to get opinions on it before I kill my wallet lol

well I put some bearings in it and a decent 95 rotor pack and ut sounds good and pushes good air. I didnt have a feeler gauge to check the tolerence but hopefully I can tomorrow but everything looks pretty good so far .

All you need to do to use the GTP rotor case bearing plate and all is move a dowel. I had done it back in the day

All you need to do to use the GTP rotor case bearing plate and all is move a dowel. I had done it back in the day

Not on a gen 5 the shafts are longer and the bearing plat is different, they will have to be removed anyway because I am having the front bearings replaced with larger more durable front bearings. I have been through more rotor packs in the cars I've owned than I care to count, no more rotor jingle at idle for me I'm going to do this one right!

Dave,

I'm sure Wade can fix that case. I had one of his ported early model superchargers that had the case over bored then filled with some type of plastic coating and re-machined for a tighter tolerance than the original bore. I think it was one of his better ideas.

David

PS: I'm golfing tomorrow, so I won't be able to meet up with you and Kurt for lunch.

I am going to have him coat it and do a complete rotor rebuild on the entire mpx with 07 gtp rotors that are supposed to be quite a bit more efficiant, that coupled with the overdrive in the snout should make some pretty nice numbers I hope. I was just lucky to have a pretty good machinast remove most of the buildup from when this came apart so this can be done. Well thats too bad about lunch I am going to take my car up tomorrow but there will be other times im sure. Got to work on my game a little but would be cool to get together sometime and play I sent you a cpl text messages one about a scotty cameron putter ive got for sale thanks David for all your guidance talk to you soon!

I would think if they have a different profile youll need to use the timing that the current rotors use no?

Eh I dont know much about timing the rotor packs or I would rebuild the four I have now but I believe the timing has less tolerence than the early modle and the meshing of the rodors makes it up to 30% more efficiant. I had a fully ported gen3 sc on my grand prix inlet outlet you name it. I upgraded to a gen 5 and it pushed 2 to three psi more boost and lowered the amount of KR I had or knock which kills these engines. So with these rotors I am hoping to cool down intake air temp and produce more boost with less overdrive

I am going to have him coat it and do a complete rotor rebuild on the entire mpx with 07 gtp rotors that are supposed to be quite a bit more efficiant, that coupled with the overdrive in the snout should make some pretty nice numbers I hope. I was just lucky to have a pretty good machinast remove most of the buildup from when this came apart so this can be done. Well thats too bad about lunch I am going to take my car up tomorrow but there will be other times im sure. Got to work on my game a little but would be cool to get together sometime and play I sent you a cpl text messages one about a scotty cameron putter ive got for sale thanks David for all your guidance talk to you soon!

Wow this sounds like something I may want to do myself.
Where you get all the parts you mentioned and whats the price of this service in STL?

Wow this sounds like something I may want to do myself.
Where you get all the parts you mentioned and whats the price of this service in STL?

600 is the price for setting up and re coating the rotors. I spoke with him today and he said they will work on our shafts. I paid 340 or so for my grand prix gen v blower. I knew I would be spending some money when I started this venture

Ah. But you also mentioned internal OD, and some better snout bearings as well.

The internal Overdrive is something I talked to stegemier about yesterday but he is out of stock right now and doesnt know when he will get more so I will keep checking back with him and see when it will be available. The larger bearings and better seals are performed with the rotor pack rebuild by wade at high speed labs in stl

Back