MPX case pictures can it be fixed?

Well I don't have it yet but I've been talking to charles on it and I will I may still have to buy a new case tried to stop by and have wade look at the case I have yesterday but he was too busy so if he can't fix it I'm just going to buy the case and plenum next week if you know where there is another one let me know

I hope this helps your car out a lot. I'll be interested to see what kind of power improvement you get from it.

chris

Not on a gen 5 the shafts are longer and the bearing plat is different, they will have to be removed anyway because I am having the front bearings replaced with larger more durable front bearings. I have been through more rotor packs in the cars I've owned than I care to count, no more rotor jingle at idle for me I'm going to do this one right!

The rear rotor bearings for a G5 are different as well. The shaft is larger diameter and rear needle bearings are open design, instead of closed like G3..

Any plans for the spare Gen V GTP supercharger case? I have a Gen V supercharger swap on my 2000 GTP and would like a spare case to powdercoat - pm me a price if you want to sell!

Jeramie

The rear rotor bearings for a G5 are different as well. The shaft is larger diameter and rear needle bearings are open design, instead of closed like G3..

Any plans for the spare Gen V GTP supercharger case? I have a Gen V supercharger swap on my 2000 GTP and would like a spare case to powdercoat - pm me a price if you want to sell!

Jeramie
The shafts are the same size they are just deeper, rotors have a different pitch and the bearing plate is different. I am having these put in my mpx Wade from high speed labs is going to pull the rotors off of the bearing plate put new bigger bearings and seals in the plate reattach the rotors to the plate and retime them. He is then going to machine the rear shafts to feet as deep in the rear bearings as possible. The guy knows his stuff!

Here are some picks of the rotors
agenvrotor.jpg

agenvrotor2.jpg

And the case could be fixed by coating it but it would cost more to do that than it would to buy a new one so you win some you lose some.

Back