Pulling the engine and noticed

90sc35thann

something very funny. So I knew the engine mounts were bad but exactly how bad I wasn't sure until tonight. I removed the lower intercooler tube and noticed some very strange impressions or grooves on the underside of the tube. My first reaction was that it was rubbing on the frame. Nope. The ribbed insulator that shields the battery cables was wearing grooves into the IC tube. Now I know aluminum is soft but this ribbed shielding is made of plastic. I am lucky the IC tube didn't wear through the battery cable. It would have been one hell of a light show. LOL

Last edited:
something very funny. So I knew the engine mounts were bad but exactly how bad I wasn't sure until tonight. I removed the lower intercooler tube and noticed some very strange impressions or grooves on the underside of the tube. My first reaction was that it was rubbing on the frame. Nope. The ribbed insulator that shields the battery cables was wearing grooves into the IC tube. Now I know aluminum is soft but this ribbed shielding is made of plastic. I am lucky the IC tube didn't wear through the battery cable. It would have been one hell of a light show. LOL

You got lucky..usually the power steering hose rubs a hole through the oil pan first. I can't believe that Ford ever put those gel filled mounts on this car...they are complete garbage.

David

Back