Shootout Thread

attachment.php

Look at the body line on the door above the handle to the rear quarter panel. Definately some body twist there, time for some frame connectors for sure.

Soooo.... does this mean we'll have banjos, moonshine, and prolly some square dancin in the parking lot this year?

Looking to continue the winning streak to state number 3 against Ken..:D.:p

I'll let the masses speak on this one. It was a ton of work but we had lots of help from most everybody attending and if that were the case again and folks really wanted it then what the heck......I'm in!!!!!

I dunno, although it was a DARN GOOD PIG...I'm kinda partial to having you and Jennifer a part of the socializing and stuff like it was at Ky Horsepower....maybe we can just buy pig this time around ;) Just my two cents.

Looks like an extra 2 hours on the road for me! :eek:

Damn....

Brian how long was the trip for you last year?

Ira
if you where talkin to me (my name is brain)

my trip was like 4 hours depending where its at in ky its prob gonna add 2-4 hours... bummer but i still plan to come.

i might need to borrow someones helmet again.. but im trying to buy one.. but man they are expensive...

Ok guys, Help me out here. This will be me first time ever goign since I only have had my car a year. I really want to go !!! My car is barely faster then stock, Can I still play on the drag strip ?? What about hotel ? Does everyone stay at the same place ??? Any info I can get would be great, Like when does everyone get there ? What happens and when ? Any thing. Thanks guys cant wait to go and meet other S/C Owners that love there cars as much as I do.

ok to help you on a few newcomer questions...mostly everyone stays at the same hotel/hotels...but you always can go somewheres else, don't worry you can still play, mine is just barely faster than stock too (for now) the earlier you can get there the better. It is usually a friday night through sunday event with people arriving as early as mid day friday. Hope that helps! See you there!:)

Mel

p.s. if it's clay city I'm really excited, love that track!

I do have a serious question though. Do the let New Yorkers (and the folks from New England in general I guess) into KY or will we need a special permit or passport or something? Actually let me rephrase that. Do they let New Yorkers OUT of KY once their there?? :D Is it enough to just point to the pretty lady and the big guy and say, "I'm with them?"

Ira

Ira, just start putting sugar in your iced tea so you can build up a tolerance. And start ordering gravy on everything.

I've been to this place twice, and to me it's about the same as going to Dayton and racing in Xenia. I didn't see anyone drinking moonshine or smoking a corn cob pipe, and none of the people look like the Beverly Hillbillys either (except Anthony aka Jethro).

This time we just go to Lexington and race in Clay City. Pretty much the same deal, just with a better track.

David

I've been to this place twice, and to me it's about the same as going to Dayton and racing in Xenia. I didn't see anyone drinking moonshine or smoking a corn cob pipe, and none of the people look like the Beverly Hillbillys either (except Anthony aka Jethro).

This time we just go to Lexington and race in Clay City. Pretty much the same deal, just with a better track.

David

Now that just sux. I was hoping for so much more than just another Dayton- like weekend. Looking forward to anything besides hanging in the parking lot. I figured maybe there would be a bit more open land where we could have someone else do the pig roast this year so Brian and Jen could actually join in, a nice bonfire, fine sipping whiskey and good friends was what I had in mind. No way that happens in Dayton but maybe there's a campsite somewhere near the track or the hotel.

Ahhh what do I know. I'm getting to old for all that anyway and hanging out in the parking lot at least makes there a good chance I'll find my room at the end of the night.

Ira

Last edited:
Back