how to get center console storage area out

pdennis93

im doing a little resto on my interior and one of the things im doing is repairing the handbrake dust cover thing, anywho a broken piece of plastic i need fell down under the back area of the console, how in the Hell do i get that console storage out to get it... btw this is a 93 supercoupe.

Hi, Dennis.

Pull the handbrake up all the way and put the car (if an Auto) in drive. On 5 speeds it says to remove the shift knob. Be sure the wheels are blocked. The console center panel with the switches comes out with the three screws at the back of the panel just under the console lid. Gently lift it at the rear and unplug the fogs and ride control switches. Lift the panel up and back over the handbrake and place it out of the way. There are two screws at the very front of the console under where the center panel goes and two screws down inside on the bottom of the console compartment. Remove those four screws and the console should be ready to lift up. Thats how I remember doing mine a while back and I looked at the manual to be sure I hadn't missed anything. Hope this helps.

um, i remember taking that out of my old 91 base bird, there should be bolts or screws around the top there when you open it and i think you have to take the hinge off for the top cover peice too, and there are bolts on the bottom of of the storage comp. and you also have to take off the console top(with the fogs and ride cont. switches) i think thats it, hope this helps

well ill try again but i dont have the proper tools to do al of that stuff, i think im gonna say screw it and put it back together without the broken piece, since i can glue it with the existing one, it should be ok, btw this is what broke.

Picture%20002.jpg

Whoops. I'm sorry, HappyHourHero. I need a happy hour after this last week, I'll tell ya. :)

Dennis, I asked about that very thing at the Ford dealer for mine a couple of months ago. I can get the rubber seal itself but that's it. The holding pieces aren't serviced. I guess we will all have to do what we can. I wish you luck.

Back