tire/wheel fitment

Lycaon1349

im looking to upgrade my brakes at some point in the near future. when i do that im looking to grab a nice set of 275/55R17s that i have here at work and a set of 99 cobra 17x8s. has anyone seen this combo before work on an mn12 without too much modification or spacing? im just curious if im going to be dealing with alot of fender rub before i run the numbers. my suspension is stock height.

now im sitting here reading about the brake conversion and i just thought to myself "what about the rear???" anyone know about writeups on rear disk upgrades or do you just change the hub over to 5/4.5?

275/55R17? That size would be almost 29" diameter, intended for an SUV or small pickup.

The 99 Cobra wheel would be fine with a hub swap, but then you need something like 235/55R17, 245/45R17, 245/50R17, or 255/45R17 to fit under the fenders.

cheers
Ed

yeah i was looking to get a tight fit with some new suspension components and tighter sway bars or bump-stops to keep it from rubbing, i havent measured yet but how wide are the wells? they looked like they might fit, maybe i was wrong? :shrugs:

The width isn't the issue so much as the height ... you need something in the 26" to 27" range.

cheers
Ed

yeah, i didnt mean the width inner well to outer well, i meant the width across the opening of the well front to back. but like i said i hadnt done a side by side comparison, i was kindof just lookin at them as an idea. whats a good aspect ratio thatd fit nice

On 17x8", either 255/45, which is a bit shorter than stock at around 26" diameter, or 255/50, which is a bit taller at 27".

cheers
Ed

I wish I could get a set of Crager SS rims in maybe an 18". I've always thought they'd look awesome on a Super Coupe. The Cobra rims will look sweet though. If I could afford them, I buy a set. Post some pics when you slap them on!

Back