Supercharger questions.

vaprobe87

I just went back and picked up the extra parts that came with my SC when I bought it. One of the extra parts was a supercharger. I really dont have any need for it and was thinking about selling it.

The questions I had were what should I check on it to make sure it is in good working order. This is my first time dealing with superchargers so I dont,really know anything about them. I just want to make sure it is good before I sell it.

Also what is a good stock supercharger worth?

Thanks in advance.

I would spin the pulley and make sure no noises are heard. Cleanliness for sure. Is it an oval inlet on the back or rectangular shape? Oval port is worth around $100-$150 and the rectangular port SC will go for around $300.

Ok thanks.

I will check it out tomorow. By the back of it do you mean where the air comes in from the throttle body? It still has the peice that goes from the TB to the back of it attached. Do i have to remove that part to check it or are there any external differences?

Sorry for so many questions.

If you flip it upside down you can tell that way also. If it's flat looking it will most likely be a 94-95 and if there is a slight bulge 89-93. Take a picture of it and someone here can tell you.

I checked it today. The charger looks pretty clean. I turned it over by hand and it turned easily. I took the intake off the back of it and it is a oval port. I will try to post a pic of it.

Ok here is a pic of the back of the extra charger.

IMAG0890.jpg

Would it be best to do some porting work to this extra supercharger or try to sell it and use the money for other areas like cold air intake and exhaust? My car is a 89 that is completley stock as far as i know. It has 200k on the cluster but only a little over 20k on a brand new motor that was put in. Not sure how manh miles are on this super charger or the one currently on the car.

I have a 90 with 140K and some bearing(?) noise warm......near pulley....at idle.....Might be interest'd in this one......Any idea of miles?.......Is it complete with snout?.......Price?......Phone?

Do snout bearings require tear down to replace?...........Or, what turn around time can I exspect from Magnum powers on teardown/rebuild/bearing replacement?($300?)

Last edited:
Yes, it is has the snout and intake plenum on it. No idea of the miles on it but everything seems to be ok with it...

Ill PM you my number.

Back