Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: big block install

explain please??

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlesd View Post
    You need to add blue spray paint to the list of items you need.
    You will have to explain that one to me??? is it the color or what??
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

Quote Originally Posted by pro street rich View Post
    You will have to explain that one to me??? is it the color or what??
    Nah, the color is fine. I was just pointing out that you painted the block a certain color and that anyone else doing the swap would need to do the same. Just messing with you.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

Smile that's a good thing..

Quote Originally Posted by Nettlesd View Post
    Nah, the color is fine. I was just pointing out that you painted the block a certain color and that anyone else doing the swap would need to do the same. Just messing with you.
    That is a Ford engine color, so if they use it also then all would be good. Now I could use the old darker blue, or even a red if that would fit better. But this is the right color for the year/car/my taste, ect... Just playing.....Rich
    Too many cars,too little time to drive them. Anything less than 500 cubes is a small block. If you slow down in life you will get run over..

you should make an sell the mounts and headers as a swap kit, i dont have access to a welder i would gladly buy a pair of headers and the mounts to do my swap

Smile make you a deal..

Quote Originally Posted by TwoToneThunder View Post
    you should make an sell the mounts and headers as a swap kit, i dont have access to a welder i would gladly buy a pair of headers and the mounts to do my swap
    I would do this for you. If you bring me the car and we work out all the other parts in advance, I could put it together for you.
    This would make it the best as every one of these swaps has been a bit different to finish. This is something I have done before and would be willing to do for anyone that wants one to play with.....Let me know if this is something that you might want to do.....Rich

So...bring you the car and a mere $50 dollars and you will do the rest?

SWS

P.S. If you remember the engine in my Bronco, you should see it now. Check out my thread on the M90 to see it...

Smile you are a bit light here..

Quote Originally Posted by seawalkersee View Post
    So...bring you the car and a mere $50 dollars and you will do the rest?

SWS

P.S. If you remember the engine in my Bronco, you should see it now. Check out my thread on the M90 to see it...
    That would be a great deal, so when do I bring it over to your house?? You can help me and get it done in less than one hour.....LOL..
    Now if you add a link to your setup that would also be a great help....Rich

If that Kasse engine is on the blocks with it for $50 bux....I will take two.

Here is the link to the thread that is on the same page...
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=121678

SWS

Smile short a few zero's...

Quote Originally Posted by seawalkersee View Post
    If that Kasse engine is on the blocks with it for $50 bux....I will take two.
    SWS
    Sorry but you are short the better part of three zero's to make that deal... But we can all hope for some good luck to come our way.... Thanks for the link, now I will have to check it out.....Rich

Now you need to buy a big supercharger for your big block. It is a Super Coupe after all, needs to be supercharged.

rich i will eventully take you up on that offer, im currently working on getting the rest of the car put together it will be next year most likely for that to be completed

got me looking at big blocks. This is an interesting build here:
    http://www.429-460.com/t12343-hemi-t...5-shelby-build

Breaking down a 8 second mustang GT500 to build a Outlaw 10.5 twin turbo 550CID dragster. Should be pretty sweet. Not too many SC guys getting that radical with their cars. Of course ,not much reason when there are so many mustangs to cut into.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike8675309 View Post
    got me looking at big blocks. This is an interesting build here:
    http://www.429-460.com/t12343-hemi-t...5-shelby-build

Breaking down a 8 second mustang GT500 to build a Outlaw 10.5 twin turbo 550CID dragster. Should be pretty sweet. Not too many SC guys getting that radical with their cars. Of course ,not much reason when there are so many mustangs to cut into.
    im looking to do something different on top of being a big block, im hoping to build a turbocharged bigblock ive been studying how people are building their turbo cars and trying to mock up a gameplan

That's what the Wife says.........

Quote Originally Posted by OxmanWI View Post
    Now you need to buy a big supercharger for your big block. It is a Super Coupe after all, needs to be supercharged.
    But...........I have to finish up the SC/T56 before I can seriously think about sending the 460 to the machine shop, or getting a new trans. (I think the T56 Magnum XL would do just fine!
    MikeH

Didn't have time to stop by when I was on vacation Rich, I fairly flew through WI with my new-to-me 5th wheel camper to get home.
    MikeH

Quote Originally Posted by TwoToneThunder View Post
    im looking to do something different on top of being a big block, im hoping to build a turbocharged bigblock ive been studying how people are building their turbo cars and trying to mock up a gameplan
    A good site for turbo powered big blocks. http://www.429-460.com/

A simple remote mount turbo with a big block would be fun and simple.