Vacuum Hose Problems. Routing help needed.

Bluntz

So i got alot of little bugs im trying to work out of my car. Right now Vacuum lines are top of the list. I just cant find a decent diagram that shows everything i need to do. I got some pictures i need help with i will be as detailed as possible.
These first three pics i just need to have identified.
Pic 1, Ok this hose has a bolt in it, it is rubber into a stamped metal end that turns into a small line that is metal almost the size of a tranny line.It runs behind the motor. I just got car jacked up i havent looked to where to the metal lines ends at. Does anyone have any idea what this line is and what it connects to on both end?
jjxrba.jpg

Pic 2, This is next to the TB just under the windshield cowl. The two lines hooked to it are routed into the cabin of the car, what is sposed to hook into the bottom of this and where does the other end go?
2ah5ffa.jpg

Pic 3, This metal line is on the right side next to a/c on the frame, somewhat close to the edis module. This metal line goes down a bit the routes to the front of car somewhere near the right head light area. What line is this and what hose hooks to it?
34yelo6.jpg

Ok and for my final 2 pics i need to know how the lines are routed to what and where.
This is egr pressure sensor, the other is the egr vacuum solenoid. Im pretty certain the egr vac sol line goes to the egr valve itself and the other line to the manifold but where does the pressure sensor come in?
2drxwlg.jpg

246nvj7.jpg

Im working with a 1995 ford tbird 3.8 sc. Right now i have bad exhaust smell, seems like i run fine on highway but city driving is awefull, wont idle stalls at red lights etc etc. I started going over these vacuum lines last night and i am certain this is what my issue is. My gas mileage is crap as well. Thank you so much for your knowledge and willingness to share it with me.

Pic3 I believe is a line that should lead to the fuel vapor purge canister. That should be a rectangular box behind the radiator support and inside the right front fender well.

The EGR solenoid should have a green vacuum line from it to the EGR valve and another red line going to the vacuum port located on the plenum that is bolted to the back of the intake manifold.

The EGR feedback sensor should have two silcone hoses that connect to hose barbs on the tube that connects the EGR to the passenger side exhaust manifold.

Pic 2 I believe just needs a vacuum line running from it to the inlet plenum of the supercharger

Pic 1 has me totally stumped. I can't recall having a line like that on my 94.

The 1st picture seems to be the throttle body cooler line. You can leave that blocked off as the later model cars did not have the coolant going thru the throttle body.

I will need to take a look at my car on the second pic but I think that is the one that runs down to the vac solenoid. The other portion of the vac solenoid runs to the EGR valve (two tubes).

For the 3rd picture that has the metal tube. This needs to run back into the PCV tube that fits between the PCV valve and the back of the SC plenum.

The pressure solenoid should route down into the EGR tube. Should have two nipples on the tube. If not that means you still have the older tube which only has one nipple. You could prob branch it off.

EDIT: 90SC35than beat me to it. :)

Last edited:
Thanks a million i am making serious headway now, just found another vac leak though, the pcv coming from the drivers side manifold have a tube that runs just under the air filter, question: Does this pvc tube run to that evap metal line or does it connect to the air cleaner to TB tube?

Thanks a million i am making serious headway now, just found another vac leak though, the pcv coming from the drivers side manifold have a tube that runs just under the air filter, question: Does this pvc tube run to that evap metal line or does it connect to the air cleaner to TB tube?

That connects to the throttle body air intake tube

I explained where the metal tube goes. You'll need some rubber hose to extend it back to the PCV tube on passenger side.

Awesome, headed to the store to get vacuum line now, gonna get the vacuum all tightened up, do a gasket and filter change on my tranny, and i just discovered my oil dipstick is missing, gonna have to figure out a way to plug that up but after that i hope she will ride like a dream.. Thanks for all the help.

Gentleman, its been a long day of research reading and tinkering around. I have successfully replaced all my vacuum lines, thru your help routed them all correctly, did a tranny gasket and filter change, found a sensor that was never plugged in, and plugged a hole where the oil dipstick tube used to be with a pencil.
The results? Magnificient! Just got back from test driving, she is idling great, running smooth, and i couldnt be happier.

to clarify for future readers my isssues were this, Awefull gas mileage, constant lurching, car felt like it was fighting against me, at a red light would eventually stall. Would barely idle. All these issues were resolved with new vacuum lines and proper routing.

Thanks again for all the help you guys are so awesome.
I cant wait to go to sleep so i can get up and drive!

In picture 1, the hose with the bolt in it is a coolant hose that is routed to a nipple at the front right corner of the intake (left if looking into the engine bay from the front)near the connection for the fuel ines. There should be a metal line that has a temp sensor mounted in it. It runs down the right valve cover.
Image1.jpg

sorry about the bad picture
Mark

Back