Center force clutch....looking for info

Ryan A Harris

I am looking into a center force II dual friction clutch for my 95. On the CF web site nothing is available for the 94-95's. So I used CF's locator to find a local dealer, gave one of them a shout, they told me that 83-93 tbird is the only way to get a CF II clutch kit. Ok, so that means I will have to run a 89-93 flywheel to make that fit & work.

But what I am looking for is if anyone has purchased a CF clutch locally in the last year or 2. If so from who & approx how much was it. I was quoted $445 plus taxes. Next day availability was a bonus too.

I have the flywheel if that helps.

Beaded and ready for install.

No charge.

Unfortunately clutch is living it up on the east coast.

Paul

I will take you up on that offer, if it is for an early (89-93) SC. At a much latter date I want to get an aluminum flywheel.

I do have one question for you Paul. What does "beaded" mean to a flywheel? I have never heard that before.

Last edited:
Ryan

Let me know as time goes on and I'll make sure its with me when we get together.

I found it was slightly glazed and had some typical areas of surface rust in the non mated area,

I put it in the sandblaster and used #6 glass bead on it,

Not sure but it may have been given some paint also.

Paul

Hey Ryan, where did you get that price for the set? thats on the higher end, any napa can get it from keystone www.driverfx.com is the keystone catalog, quickly looking it up it is 389.95, i believe even canadian tire can get keystone stuff now if you give them that part number on the website.

That price was from National 4WD in Burlington. I checked out Jegs & Summit later to see the USD price was $346.99. Also the CF web site was at $379(I think). When I did the local dealer search Napa didn't come up, but then again it might have been because I had to use my postal code to locate only dealers close to me. I will check out Napa & part source this week for comparison.

Thanks Bruce,

Ryan try 2koolperformance.com I have got one prices from him befor and the price was less then others from canada.

I bought two CF1's from Amazon, great pricing.

Probably because you got free shipping via courier in the Continental US.

Whenever courier (UPS, Purolater, FedEx etc.) brings anything across to Canada, they rape us with broker fees, customs, taxes and duties.

For a heavy package like a clutch assembly (~ 50-60 lbs??) I suggest the price would be 50% or greater above the actual purchase price.

Just sayin' ..... beware. I send audio gear back and forth all the time and only use Canada Post / USPS. Reliable and priced fair.

Bruce

Back