'89 SuperCoupe 5 speed

TurboSevenThree

Hello Everyone,

Let me start out with a little about me. My name is Cole. I am from Kentucky. I'm 15 years old and goin on 16. (Next month!) I've been messing with cars for about 6 or 7 years now. My dad runs an auto shop and it started by watching him, then doing small things like brakes/oil changes, and then the other day I did a set of injectors on a 7.3 Powerstroke. I have a truck that I got a good steal on, it's an Early 1999 F350. 7.3, Dually, 6 speed, flatbed. Got 3500 bucks total in the truck to make her run and she goes good. But I discovered that while the truck is useful, it's a car I desire.
Which leads me to Decatur, Alabama. I was working there crewing for a friend who owns a hot air balloon. That's when I saw it. I was walking through a Logan's parking lot. I could tell it was a ford, but that was it. It looked completely different. I got closer, and to my surprise it was a Thunderbird! It had been painted the shiniest black I had ever seen, lowered atleast 1.5 inches, and had some beautiful gunmetal colored wheels on it. I had only seen stock thunderbirds, and they really hadn't done much for me. This one however looked stunning! So I asked my dad about them. He said "They are hard to find in a stick, the only ones they made were called SuperCheifs I think"
Went home, did some research, and discovered they were SuperCoupes. A quick search on craigslist netted me a 1989 SuperCoupe with a 5 speed. Only 1200 bucks! I get to talking to the guy and he says he will take 1100 cash! Yes! I had saved up a little over 2k in the bank incase something like this ever came up. However, he is having a problem getting the title for it. So, as soon as he gets it, a friend and I are trucking down to the southern part of the state to pick her up. Owner says it runs and drives great! I'm just a starry-eyed kid, but right now my list of mods wanted are CAI, Lower it, repaint it either dark blue or black, Wheels, then longtubes, overdrive pulley, FMIC, and tuning. If I get a little money, I'd really like to get H-Beams and Pistons and then go about turboing it!
Thanks for reading guys!
Also, I know this is the wrong place and I am sorry, but I can't seem to read any of the member-specific forums. I go to click on the "private" ones and it says there are no posts. If anyone could maybe PM me or something like that I would appreciate it greatly! Thank you!

We are having our annual shoot out the end of September in Clay City KY. Join this club for $15/ year and then you will have access to all areas on here. The shoot out is a great time and a chance to see all kinds of SC's.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll be sure to pay up haha.
And that shootout sounds good! Hopefully I'll have the car up and running and looking good enough to bring it with you guys!

Welcome to the forums, and you do know that your car is already supercharged right? Anyway post up some pictures of your ride, I think I can speak for all of us by saying we want to see your car.

Yes Sir, I did know they were supercharged. I was just thinking about later on down the road when big power is my goal. Plus, I just love the sound of a blow off valve.
And I'll post some pictures of her the day I go and pick it up. Man, I really cannot wait. Just have to get this title deal sorted out. I really hope this guy wasn't just messing with me. I still have all my money though, so atleast if he is messing with I have all my cash.

Back