Group purchase for M5R2 first and second gear sinchronizers 350 shipped

davec73

SCCoA Member
Guys I found 12 of the 1 and 2 gear synchros with the carbon blocker rings. There are only twelve of these left in the US and they are 350.00 shipped.

I know the price is hefty but he is charging me retail because he has to pull them in from all over the country. They will be shipped to me and back out to you the next day. The sooner we get these bought the better!

Confirmed list
1. Davec73 1 synchro

I bought the last set of carboned lined ones from southern gear and they said the supplier has 0 available so these synchros are all thats left as far as I know

I thought you'd get an entire set when buying them. I know mine are real bad, and it's a fix I have to do soon. Is it normally just the first and second gear synchros that go bad? Sorry, but I don't know a lot about this subject. I usually have to put my car into third or fourth to get it to go into first. I'd be interested if this is what I need

These are probably still available but i would check with southern gear and southwestern gear to see if they have a kit available. last I checked I had purchased the last one they had and they didnt know if they could get anymore.

but would I just need 1 & 2 gears or all 5? If my tranny guy says I just need 1 and 2 do you think those are still available, or am I at a dead end?

Last edited:
you wont know until you tear it down and there is no use in replacing part of the synchros. I dont believe there are any more carbon lined synchros left, I called southern gear to confirm today and they dont have any and dont think they are going to get more.

Back