Official 2012 SC Shootout Event Thread

I hope to attend this year, we're trying to figure out school schedules for the hobbits & looking for a trailer for the bird. I may just rent one from U-Haul. I see that 40 rooms are booked at the hotel, when they're gone are we s.o.l.?

I hope to attend this year, we're trying to figure out school schedules for the hobbits & looking for a trailer for the bird. I may just rent one from U-Haul. I see that 40 rooms are booked at the hotel, when they're gone are we s.o.l.?

Next best I think is the Best Western a couple of miles away.

Paul

There is a Quality Inn right next door and a Holiday Inn Express about 5 minutes away. Then there is Lexington (20-25 minutes) that has more hotels than you can shake a stick at.

Last edited:
Thank you sir :) Hope he has a good first shootout...i'll be pretty big by september and i don't know if it'll be a good idea to drive to Kentucky with a big belly!

you won't be big in sept...mine first was due in jan also (coming up on 10yrs ago) but driving that far on a pregnant bladder...no good

congrats!!!!!

mel

resevations made!!! may even bring our girls

not sure which birds are coming...depends which are running

I think we may be starting a m8 engine swap into my lx

mel

Thanks for that! Like I said I'll be there again this year to capture the fun with or with out the bird. I'll have a GoPro and Canon Rebel T3 in the video/photo arsenal for this year. Can't wait. :D

Good to know. BTW, you did a great job of documenting the 2011 Shootout and I really apreciate that video you posted of my 93 SC running a 10.04.

David

Thanks for that! Like I said I'll be there again this year to capture the fun with or with out the bird. I'll have a GoPro and Canon Rebel T3 in the video/photo arsenal for this year. Can't wait. :D
I picked up a 2nd GoPro last week and I should have WiFi backs on both of them by the Shootout so I can remotely start and stop them :)

You guys are too responsible. I'm booking it the week of the Shootout. :)

What kind of animal will you be bringing this year MR. procrastination??

I'll be booking mine now and filing my divorce from work that following monday so I don't have to rush home.

Chris

EDIT: I'm booked and ready. 5 hour drive for me, I might not make it friday. I sure hate waking up early though.

Last edited:
Good to know. BTW, you did a great job of documenting the 2011 Shootout and I really apreciate that video you posted of my 93 SC running a 10.04.

David

I had fun, can't wait to get that 9 second video!:D

I picked up a 2nd GoPro last week and I should have WiFi backs on both of them by the Shootout so I can remotely start and stop them :)

Nice! Need to pick up one of those :)

Sure wish I could have my SC running in time. Hopefully next year will be a little closer south too for when it is :D

Back