1st paycheck from a drag strip

nickleman60

I got a $30.00 check in the mail today from VMP, looks like runner-up in the 3rd round of the Quick Ford class gets some money, sweet..................:D

Chris, you should be getting one as well since you made it to the 4th round

Attachments

• VMP pay check 3rd rd. runner-up 001.jpg
    VMP pay check 3rd rd. runner-up 001.jpg
    400.4 KB · Views: 252
Yeah I got one for 60. That makes 95$ for me this year. I won 100 back in 08 with the quickest 13 sec average in true street.

Yeah I got one for 60. That makes 95$ for me this year. I won 100 back in 08 with the quickest 13 sec average in true street.

Cool, $10 more and mine could have covered the cost of the 4 gallons of fuel I purchased at the track for $10 a gal..............:rolleyes:

All those thousands and thousands are finally paying off. Keep this going and you might be able to buy a couple slicks someday with that money your making!

All those thousands and thousands are finally paying off. Keep this going and you might be able to buy a couple slicks someday with that money your making!

I don't think I'll ever win that much........:eek:

I just like having my name on a check from a race track..............;)

First payout? Make a good photocopy of it and it gets framed and goes on the wall in the garage :D

Ira

Wow ! You guys are are the real deal Drag Racers if the track is paying you.

David

HaHa................real deal drag racers....................:eek:

As mentioned earlier it only took me thousands and thousands of dollars to finally win $30.

That sounds like Obamanomics................:D

You know something Keith? The more I look at it and think about that day. We were in the wrong class. Shoulda been in fast ford (no electronics). Vmp's sight had it listed wrong. I wonder if other non electronics cars were there with us. If not that's even better on us as we were outclassed and still took home some dough.:cool:

You know something Keith? The more I look at it and think about that day. We were in the wrong class. Shoulda been in fast ford (no electronics). Vmp's sight had it listed wrong. I wonder if other non electronics cars were there with us. If not that's even better on us as we were outclassed and still took home some dough.:cool:

I thought the Fast Ford class was electronics with a Pro tree where as we had no electronics and a sportsman tree. When we were lining up in lanes 5 & 6 they were lining up in lanes 7 & 8 and there was some bad azz cars in those lanes, most of them had wings and chutes. Plus I highly doubt that the red 67/68 fastback Fairlane/Torino or whatever it was that I raced in the 1st round had electronics. I'm not sure but I might have been the slowest car in our class.

Con-graduations! All that cool cache may someday cover your expenses... Who knows yall may turn pro soon and get some sponsors? :eek:

Congrats! $30 is a meal out with you and the misses.

Whats funny to me sometimes is people a my work know I'm into drag racing, I get asked alot "how much money do you win" lol. I just tell them it's up in the thousands now haha.

Here's a pic from my 1st round win in Quick Ford Class.

Attachments

• Ford Fun Weekend 2012 001.jpg
    Ford Fun Weekend 2012 001.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Back