New to SC club of America

John E. Manolis

Hello Everyone.

I thought I would log-on and post a thead.
I've owned a 1992 Thunderbird Sport since 93. It was less than a year old when my wife & I bought it. I have to say that with all the other vehicle's we owned, This T-Bird has been one of the best one's. We have over 400 thousand miles on her. The heads have never been off. She has a few scars, But it just add charactor. Nothing that money can't cure.
She came off the line in Mid 92.
Cayman green clearcoat mtlc. Mocha interior.
Power moonroof.
Elect prem cass/prem sound.

After a few months I made some easy changes.

1. Air management system, gone. (smog)
2. Catalytic converters, gone.
3. EGR system, gone.

It took a few years to find a good late 92 SC donor.

Rear sub frame assembly. Posi, 323-1 & disc brakes.
16" wheels.
Interior parts: Rear seat had folds down. I had it reupholstered to match the RX7 front seats I put in from another donor.
All remaining interior parts from the SC. I mean all.

I didn't put the body panels on. Didn't want to drill holes.

I haven't been afraid to drive it any where. As long as it's a paved road.
She's in need of, a paint job. Clear has gone away a long time ago.
The leather is cracking on the front seats. The head liner is coming loose again. Next week I'm repairing the A/C system.

With a face lift she'll look like new again.

I couldn't replace it for what I would sell it for, so, she's going to be a keeper.

I'm sure I'll find some good information here & will be putting it to use.

Best Regards, John

Last edited:
Welcome. That's a lot of miles. I have a 93 with the 5.0 iin it. Its been good to me. I only have about 150000 miles on it but it leaks oil like crazy. Need to rebuild her.

Welcome!

That's an awesome story. I would've bought one in '91 if I could've afforded it, but couldn't at the time. Took me till 2 years ago to get me a red '91 w/ 5spd...

Welcome. That's a lot of miles. I have a 93 with the 5.0 iin it. Its been good to me. I only have about 150000 miles on it but it leaks oil like crazy. Need to rebuild her.

Chris, Thanks for the reply. I've found that metal mesh filter under the PVC valve a big issue with oil leaks........

Welcome!

That's an awesome story. I would've bought one in '91 if I could've afforded it, but couldn't at the time. Took me till 2 years ago to get me a red '91 w/ 5spd...

Thanks, I appreciate it. As a matter of fact. I'm looking for an SC.
Eather a 93 or a 94. I've been looking on Craigslist. I find a lot of earlier one's.

Hope you find the one you're looking for.

There's lots of info on here too. I live in VA & bought my bird in OH through eBay... I remember stopping the first night on the way home (yeah, drove from OH to VA) at a hotel and using the free 'puter in the lobby and found this site... found out why the brake lights were on & I had to stand on 'em so hard... ever since then, I've been on here searching a lot, asking a bunch of help at times, helping if I could, and even gotten a few parts from here.

94/95 same. 93 Kind of an oddball year looking like earlier cars with a color coded steering wheel and later model ABS

Welcome to club!

Back