Roll Call

I may be stuck living in Oregon, but I spent decades in Northern Calif. (SF & Sacto, etc.) so count me in for both.

I wouldn't be proud of that. Ca sucks. I've lived here all my life. We have so many pointless regulations and laws for everything. It seems everyone wants a nanny state, with no responsibility for anything.

I haven't lived in Sacto. since 1992 and even that was too late for me. Pretty sure I paid for a new wing on the CHP Academy outside West Sac... Still have 3 vaults in storage out there. That said, at least the sun shines down there - Vitamin D is hard to come by up here, drivers refuse to go over 54 mph and they put more water in the fuel than Calif. ever did.

With any luck I'll be retired to Peru by the end of 2014.

I haven't lived in Sacto. since 1992 and even that was too late for me. Pretty sure I paid for a new wing on the CHP Academy outside West Sac... Still have 3 vaults in storage out there. That said, at least the sun shines down there - Vitamin D is hard to come by up here, drivers refuse to go over 54 mph and they put more water in the fuel than Calif. ever did.

With any luck I'll be retired to Peru by the end of 2014.

Very true, we get lots of sun. Right now too much. Folsom lake is more like Folsom pond. Mormon island is above water!

Hey Guys,

I am in so-cal, but I thought I would just stop by and say HI.
We recently seem to have been picking up steam in so-cal.

Maybe one day in the future we can set up a nor-cal and so-cal meet :cool:

Would be nice, but Nor-cal is pretty much dead. Not a whole lot of activity here anymore.

- Dan

Ddubb:: Not to worry too much. So-Cal had a dead chapter for a very very very long time and we recently have had a few members join and give traction to our chapter. I am sure that with some time you will get some new members, or old members come back :)

Feel free to jump in so-cal chats from time to time. I will visit nor-cal :D
If I am ever in Nor-Cal area I will post to give you guys a head up

NorCal dead no way Dan I got something going on but will be posting more come presidents day weekend. :eek:

Well, I shouldnt say completely dead .. but there hasnt been much going on here for the last couple years. Lots of guys sold their SC's over the last year .. I seem to have inherited a couple of them and might be getting a 35th anniversary 5 speed this weekend as well in addition to my two 95 5 speed and 94 5 speed SC's .. too many Birds around here.

Yeah if you have an event going on, post it up .. I still check the forums although I dont post much anymore. :cool:

- Dan

I usually go to general car meets. It's tough to decide which car to bring. Before it was always, do I bring the Mustang, or the SRT, now I have the TBird too which is the worst condition. But if we got some other guys from the Sac area with sc's wanting to meet up, so we could discuss how much out cars suck to work on, I'd be up for it :D

we could discuss how much out cars suck to work on, I'd be up for it :D

Heh, I have no idea what you're talking about. Been working on these cars for over 16 years now, this stuff is easy. I guess that helped me earn my ASE Master auto tech status. :p

You must be referring to the EGR tube .. yeah that one is sort of a pain but not entirely impossible.

- Dan

Last edited:
Heh, I have no idea what you're talking about. Been working on these cars for over 16 years now, this stuff is easy. I guess that helped me earn my ASE Master auto tech status. :p

You must be referring to the EGR tube .. yeah that one is sort of a pain but not entirely impossible.

- Dan

Nah, the egr tube was easy to get to, other than destroying it to remove it. But everything I have worked on so far requires the removal of one or more other things to get to. Removing the egr & tube I had to drop the mid section of the exhaust, air intake, move some vacuum lines, & the throttle linkage. To get to the wiper motor I had to remove the entire cowl setup. To remove/change the passenger side spark plugs I had to remove the a/c compressor, some a/c lines etc & it was still a pain. Driver side was easier and nothing had to be removed, but had to be done from underneath. The alternator! Fortunately I was able to get the alternator out without removing much. Just had to remove the belt & take off the tensioner. Oh yeah the thermostat!!! that was dreadful trying to get the thermostat housing to seal again. I think it was the 5th time that was the charm. Went through several gaskets with no success. Wound up just using "right stuff". Bleeding the brakes. Yes another new/strange process. Changing the oil/filter, who woulda thought this would be hard? Apparently since my motor mounts are worn this makes it a pain. Removing the filter was like pulling teeth and made a mess of all the components near there.

There is much more, but you know what I'm talking about I'm sure. I've worked on cars for 15 years & this by far is the biggest pain to work on.

.. I seem to have inherited a couple of them and might be getting a 35th anniversary 5 speed this weekend as well in addition to my two 95 5 speed and 94 5 speed SC's .. too many Birds around here.

- Dan

That is awesome!!!!!!!! :cool: Inheriting an SC is the right way to start a good project :cool:

I usually go to general car meets. It's tough to decide which car to bring. Before it was always, do I bring the Mustang, or the SRT, now I have the TBird too which is the worst condition. But if we got some other guys from the Sac area with sc's wanting to meet up, so we could discuss how much out cars suck to work on, I'd be up for it :D

im game.

Stockton/ sacramento here.

michael

Just got my hands on a 89 SC. I'm in south sac.
It's fairly stock atm.
I also own a modded 05 srt4 ad have been on norcalsrt4 forums since 05.

Tony

Well its been a while but WHO is still alive here and with a SC? I'll be making a comeback soon thanks to a certain buddy that I owe a lot to for this SC passion.:cool:

-Fernando

Still here putting a new late model trans in my 35th 5 speed and waiting on intercooler pipes for my auto car hope to have them both back on the road here soon.:D

Still here

I don't check this much but I live 200 mi from both SF and LA. I am in the middle of putting a motor in my 90 SC. I hope to have it running by mid Oct.

Back