2013 HRPT -- Schedule announced

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
For those of you that already talked about going on the 2013 Hot Rod Power Tour, they just released the schedule:

Put in for vacation time now, because you won’t want to miss out on the 2013 HOT ROD Power Tour presented by Chevrolet Performance.

Venues and routes will be announced later, but you can start planning your wardrobe now:

Saturday June 1: Arlington, TX (but you knew that already, right?)
Sunday June 2: Texarkana, AR (Texarkana is a city in two states, half Texas, half Arkansas.)

Monday June 3: Little Rock, AR (Ever heard of the “Climber Motorcar”? It’s the only car ever manufactured in Arkansas. Maybe we’ll see one!)

Tuesday June 4: Memphis, TN (Elvis and BBQ, what more do you need?)

Wednesday June 5: Birmingham (Hoover), AL (The Barber Vintage Motorsports Museum is worth a visit!)

Thursday June 6: Chattanooga, TN (The home of Coker Tire, you can expect a warm welcome here.)

Friday June 7: Charlotte, NC (If you don’t know why Charlotte, NC is a cool place for car fans, you might be reading the wrong website.)

Read more: http://blogs.hotrod.com/power-tour-2013-–-dates-and-cities-29187.html#ixzz1z1RlA9jP

Man, you are hardcore!
Well, I'm not sure if I will be going or not, but there were several people that showed interest. Knowing the schedule this early should make planning easier. Besides, if I do go, I know some of the drives through Arkansas and Tennessee should be on fun stretches of road.

Carlisle is the 7-9 the 7th being friday. So if you get to Charlotte on friday then you can head to carlisle for saturday.

Carlisle is the 7-9 the 7th being friday. So if you get to Charlotte on friday then you can head to carlisle for saturday.
Well, the Long Haul ceremony and give-aways are on Saturday morning. But it might still be able to work.

Not sure I would make the long haul, sure would like to tho. What kind of give aways are there?

Kurt, do you have an estimate on how much money you spent for the whole trip?

Last edited:
Not sure I would make the long haul, sure would like to tho. What kind of give aways are there?

Kurt, do you have an estimate on how much money you spent for the whole trip?
Without checking receipts, I's say between $1200-$1400, of that I spent a little more than $700 on gas....I only got 14.3 mpg on the whole trip, but my car was having some obvious rich issues (looked like a hopped up diesel when accelerating). I was expecting closer to 16-17....the 3500 non-locking stall isn't mpg friendly.

You can do it man!

Come on Chris I am already starting to save pennies, and make sure I am prepared. You will have a long drive to the start and a short drive home.

I would have about 13 hours there and about 7 back home.

Lets make this happen folks!! Start planning now, time off work, saving pennies for expenses, keep car running!!

Later,
Smitty

Come on Chris I am already starting to save pennies, and make sure I am prepared. You will have a long drive to the start and a short drive home.

I would have about 13 hours there and about 7 back home.

Lets make this happen folks!! Start planning now, time off work, saving pennies for expenses, keep car running!!

Later,
Smitty
If I could get the wife to save some money.:rolleyes: Then it depends on how busy I am at work. I will defintly try to make some of the tour.

I spent two grand of HRPT money the week before we left. I only had $150 and a credit card. So if you can charge parts...............

I'm thinking Carlisle would be more fun. It's not as hardcore and you can just go sit on yer butt and have some brews and draw penile objects on Damon's surge tank with a sharpie. Plus I haven't been there since 2003!

I'm thinking Carlisle would be more fun. It's not as hardcore and you can just go sit on yer butt and have some brews and draw penile objects on Damon's surge tank with a sharpie. Plus I haven't been there since 2003!

And after a few of those brews, Damon always has the best stories to tell!! Seriously, be nice to see some of you guys back at Carlisle!

I spent two grand of HRPT money the week before we left. I only had $150 and a credit card. So if you can charge parts...............

Looking forward to you guys making it over here for carlisle. I definatly won't miss it for the HRPT.:cool:

Yeah..I want to go to Carlisle in 2013. The Power Tour was fun, but I don't want to do it, two years in a row

David

Back