Idle issue and poor mileage

Ford

Wow! I am glad you found it. That was certainly less than obvious. A little ding on a part tucked way up behind the dash. And that was the whole problem. Sigh. :eek:

Enjoy the car!

So am I. It was close, I nearly put it up for sale. That would have likely been more of a haul it for free deal, albeit an asthetically pleasing car, you'd want to drive it over a cliff the way it ran. :mad: I'm not sure I would have gone as far as to pull the PCM except that while checking each and every wire for continuity I found it just hanging loosly alonside the dash. I've got the plastic bracket and screw to secure it ordered as well.

Sounds like someone told someone to 'just whack it'... :(

I could easily see that scenario from the seller and his buddies... They had absolutely no clue what they bought and no business owning it. He had it six months, which turned out to be six months too long. :rolleyes:

Sounds like someone told someone to 'just whack it'... :(
The term is "smack" it. And if you wish to spend hours scratching your head and recharging a dead battery because of a stuck relay, thats your choice. I've had cooling fan run-on.. I kinda know what I'm talking about. :cool:

Also I have 3 drivers (and none is a beater or hacked up) with 1/2 million combined miles. None of them have rigged repair jobs either. I have fully operational Teves 2 ABS on all 3. Something few owners will even try to deal with.

So the moral of the story is this: If I followed your approach with by the book shop procedures for each issue, I'd have 0 drivers and an empty wallet. :p

Last edited:
"Oh, sorry - I didn't realize - I didn't know anyone was in here."
Awkward pause.
Shuts door, walks away.
:p

Back