Tony D. from pennsylvania

TonyD.

Whats up everyone. Im Tony d. Im from the philadelphia pa area. I recently traded my firebird formula 350 for a 90 super coupe. Its bone stock, just had all the gaskets replaced. It has a mint interior and underhood. It does need a paint job. I used to have a 95 lx with a 99 4.6 from a mustang and some other goodies, but at the time I thought i was a chevy guy so I bought a firebird and did some work to it. After a few months of having a decent 350 and a 5 speed, I missed having a t-bird and began searching. The craigslist ad posted was for an 89 5 speed parts car and a 90 automatic. The owner wanted to trade for a v8 powered 5 speed car. Thats what caught my attention the most. I drove 2 hours (because of traffic) to boyertown pa. I fried a spark plug wire, and the fresh t-5 trans that i installed 3 weeks earlier began grinding 4th gear. My girlfriend almost fainted because of the summer heat and no a/c. I was almost tempted to turn around and forget it. Little did we know that this stressful ride would be wel worth it. At first glance, neither one of the cars appeared to be anywhere near as pretty as the firebird was, but upon discovering that the automatic car had a near perfect interior except for a 1 inch tear in the side of the drivers seat and 2 small cracks in the dash, I knew I had to come home with at least one of the cars. To make a long story short, I came home with the 90 automatic, and already in a week, I've fallen in love with the handling over the 88 firebird, and the top end with its whining supercharger and hard pull after 60 mph. This car is definately an amazing ride. It is an honor to be back in a Ford!

Great story. Welcome home Tony. I'll bet the girlfriend liked the air conditioning. And, I agree, the SC whine is seriously addictive! Mine makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck. (It's really the only hair I have left.:D)
Alan

Welcome. I am out of Limerick. I bet you loved RT422 and RT100 for traffic. I have both an auto and 5 speed SC. I usually drive my 5 speed due to the better gas mileage and A/C currently. My auto is fun to drive too, but I have to fix the A/C.

Ken

Welcome. I am out of Limerick. I bet you loved RT422 and RT100 for traffic. I have both an auto and 5 speed SC. I usually drive my 5 speed due to the better gas mileage and A/C currently. My auto is fun to drive too, but I have to fix the A/C.

Ken

Ken,

What part of Limerick? My buddy recently bought house with 8 acres down the street from the power plant. I've been out there almost every weekend this past month, but not with the SC, with the Tecate (3 wheeler) :D. Have you seen the SC on the corner of Swamp pike and Neiffer road? My buddy said last time he drove by it looked as if it was for sale.

Tony,

Welcome to the club. I'm in Bucks County about 45 min north of Philly.

At first glance, neither one of the cars appeared to be anywhere near as pretty as the firebird was, but upon discovering that the automatic car had a near perfect interior except for a 1 inch tear in the side of the drivers seat and 2 small cracks in the dash

Last night, my neighbor was telling his buddy that in the 3 years he's live next to me he's only seen my SC out of the garage a handful of times... mostly to be washed :D. But really it's because I'm worried about the dash cracking.

Last edited:
I actually live off ridge pike near the cvs and dunkin donuts.
I heard about sc off swamp, but I thought he wanted 3500.
I am usually up in north coventry where I store my cars.
Ken,

What part of Limerick? My buddy recently bought house with 8 acres down the street from the power plant. I've been out there almost every weekend this past month, but not with the SC, with the Tecate (3 wheeler) :D. Have you seen the SC on the corner of Swamp pike and Neiffer road? My buddy said last time he drove by it looked as if it was for sale.

Tony,

Welcome to the club. I'm in Bucks County about 45 min north of Philly.

Last night, my neighbor was telling his buddy that in the 3 years he's live next to me he's only seen my SC out of the garage a handful of times... mostly to be washed :D. But really it's because I'm worried about the dash cracking.

Hey guys i,m down around langhorne

OXFORD VALLEY MALL IS A 1/2 MILE FROM ME J DOT MILLER IS IN EASTON PA WITH A 90 RX-7 SC WE CAN BE FOUND AT www.ecrtcc.com STOP ON OVER AN CHAT OR POST SOME PIC,S :eek:

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum. I live in this part of the state too (western suburbs though). I hope you enjoy the car!

Back