3.8 Supercharged 97 Cobra??????

I was thinking.

Taking my motor putting it into a 97 Cobra Mustang.

Its less weight I ran 12.27et @ 112mph taking the same motor runing it in the Cobra how quick & Fast do you think it would be?

My friend is selling a 97 Cobra with a blown up motor would this be had to install ? would it be hard to adapt the 5 speed to this motor?

Any info would be appreciated
;)

Jim,

Does this mean you are giving up on #1?

This doesn't sound like the Jim I've listened to for the last 3 years.

No never!!!!!!!!!!

Bill my quest!!!!!!!!!

Still going for number 1 but it would be neat to try this in a lighter car and build another 3.8 like this one "Street Killer" Cobra :)

I am updating the trans right now and getting new pulleys than an all out attack on the top guy. trans was slipping in 2nd and high gear and belts slipping still ran 12.40s at 110mph not bad

I want to do a 3.8 Cobra I think it would be a trick deal
:)

How about finding a 94-up V6 Mustang with a baffed motor, and swapping into that ?? Would make more sense I think ... as Raj said, it would be a waste of a nice car to go backwards with a 3.8 SC swap in a car that originally had a very nice all-aluminum DOHC 32V V8 !! And a 97 Cobra would be maybe 300 to 400 pounds lighter than the SC at the most with the 3.8 SC in there. Another idea I had was an 85 - 86 Mustang with a dead V6, swap in the SC drivetrain, and lots of room for header, full dual exhaust, and a big raised top for the blower :D

cheers
Ed Nicholson
SCCoO

You guys are right

This is a better idea.

Getting the 97 Cobra and rebuilding the motor with a stroker kit its a beautiful car black with black interior. he blew the motor up at Sac-raceway a while back got a new Cobra

I will just keep the mean little 3.8 V6 in the Silver Bullet and get this project Cobra;)

Thanks for the input guys:)

Jim aren't you the one who was saying that you were broke?

This seems to look like an expensive project...

cobra's

Jim jumped out on the 2003 cobra in favor of a "R" molel that he found with little or no miles on it. As for what to do with that 97 car,REBUILD it and have something that is still worth something.. If you think that you can't get enought power out of it as it was, all you got to do is look what some of the guys are doing... If that is still not what you want,stuff a big block in it and go crazy... The 460 style block will fit and you can even put a big inch boss ( 9) type in it as well. Ford is on tour with a 600 boss in a stang and it has been timed going 0 to 130 and back to 0 in less than 13 clicks of the stop watch... There are a few ideas and now it is up to you to do the home work... Good luck, but for my money, keep it looking stock.....Rich

Een if you were able to put the SC engine in the Cobra, and then beat Coy's record, technically you still wouldn't be #1 because you wouldn't be racing in an SC anymore.

Thanks Rich

Thanks for the ideas.
I am going to get the car and just get a stroker kit for the motor thats in it now. it will make a nice street & Strip car my friend had an idea of putting an SC motor in a little Capri

My SC I am updating the trans this weekend to continue my quest before winter sets in hope things are going well with you.any Big Block projects going on?

Take Care Pro Street Bad Boy
:D

hmm, 97 cobra that you can rebuild, install a blower on and make 500RWHP, or transplant 3.8L SC engine that weighs 150lbs less, costs a ton more money, will be less reliable, and will make 125 less HP.

not a tough decision.

I seen a video long time ago of someone who'd put a 3.8SC in a SN95 mustang, and ended up doing a mid 13, that was a stock3.8SC.

old thread. Yeah if you want a peppy mustang a stock SC motor will outdo the stock 5.0 and be much more fun. Also without much work or money you can get that 3.8 into the 300-325rwhp range which is right about where my current mustang is with heads/cam/ported stock intake and exhaust N/A of course. The 3.8 powerwise for the $ in this range is much greater. But if you want to make some nice HP number 400 plus the v8 is much cheaper and a better bang for the buck

I only keep the 3.8 in my sc because thats what it came with and its different.

Back