An even better shine?

mcate

Well guys, I think I've gone & done it. In the never ending search for the perfect shine, I've discovered Wolfgang. It's not a whole lot better than Poorboy's, but I do see a bit more depth & reflectivity. Of course, a 3oz jar of their "Fuzion" wax is $50. But it's worth it!

Attachments

• Dsc_0414.jpg
    Dsc_0414.jpg
    356.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Dsc_0415.jpg
    Dsc_0415.jpg
    388.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Dsc_0419.jpg
    Dsc_0419.jpg
    386 KB · Views: 106
  • Dsc_0423.jpg
    Dsc_0423.jpg
    398.5 KB · Views: 105
Looking fantastic as usual, I'm getting ready to pick up my new cowl hood from the painter on Monday so I'm giving the car a coat of the Natty's Red I bought a couple of years ago. Don't want the new shiney hood to be too much more shiney than my 3 year old scratched up paint job.

I'll eventually get out that way for a vacation one of these days. Maybe I'll bring my detailing stuff with me....

I'll eventually get out that way for a vacation one of these days. Maybe I'll bring my detailing stuff with me....

Gotta say, once I started following your recommendations I was not disappointed. I just need to get David Neibert on board with his white SC and he could have a shine like yours on his SC

Gotta say, once I started following your recommendations I was not disappointed. I just need to get David Neibert on board with his white SC and he could have a shine like yours on his SC

Glad it worked out! White is an interesting color because there's so many different types & shades. Do I strive for depth, or wetness, or brightness? The 2008 Expedition we used to have had gold metallic in it, so I used EX-P Sealant, White Diamond glaze, & Natty's White wax. that combo brought out the metallic. On the white 2010 Mustang GT we used to have I used Natty's Red for wetness & brightness. Lots of trial & error.

Glad it worked out! White is an interesting color because there's so many different types & shades. Do I strive for depth, or wetness, or brightness? The 2008 Expedition we used to have had gold metallic in it, so I used EX-P Sealant, White Diamond glaze, & Natty's White wax. that combo brought out the metallic. On the white 2010 Mustang GT we used to have I used Natty's Red for wetness & brightness. Lots of trial & error.

So what do I need to use for Oxford white ?

David

Well, it's only been a few months since David asked this question. Don't know how I missed it. For Oxford White I'd probably use EX-P sealant topped off with Natty's Red. I used to have a 2010 Performance White Mustang, & I used that combination with good results. Sorry for the delay in answering!

I have told many a guy about what I learned in this thread. It was a lot of good information on detailing a paint job. Really happy with the Nattys red wax, not just how wet it looks but the lack of wax residue on a red car:D

Ken

I have told many a guy about what I learned in this thread. It was a lot of good information on detailing a paint job. Really happy with the Nattys red wax, not just how wet it looks but the lack of wax residue on a red car:D

Ken

Thanx, Ken. Always glad to help. I, too, love Natty's Red. It's amazing how easy it is to apply & remove.

Back