Knotts 2012

Hey Jose,

I notice from your member page that you are from Montebello. I lived in Monterey Park and went to HS at Mark Keppel back in '78, small world.

That's a very nice looking SC you have there! So which would you bring the 35th or the 95? Or both? :p. Well hopefully this could be the start of many more meets :cool:

Thanks, well the engine got jealous of the body, it has a clunk in it now so I need to order a long block & do the replacement. I am in need of a place to do this & some people to help with it. I can pay the help. Shall I post a new thread or ask here? I would have the engine shipped to where ever & the car is drivable to the operating room.

Hey Jose,

I notice from your member page that you are from Montebello. I lived in Monterey Park and went to HS at Mark Keppel back in '78, small world.

Yeah, small world. I lived in Montebello for a good while, by the post office. It was a quiet and calm area

Thanks, well the engine got jealous of the body, it has a clunk in it now so I need to order a long block & do the replacement. I am in need of a place to do this & some people to help with it. I can pay the help. Shall I post a new thread or ask here? I would have the engine shipped to where ever & the car is drivable to the operating room.

Sorry to hear about the clunk. I think you would get better exposure if you started a new thread.

95 s/c

Hey all,

Car arrived today via DAS shipping. Highly recommend those guys. Anyway, she is going for a total detail tomorrow and get some tires..that's basically all she needs for now. I'll post some pics after that.

Cheers !

I've taken my SHO to knotts the last few years, but I'd be down to bring the sc this time. mine isn't quite as perfect as yours. But slowly working on it.

I've taken my SHO to knotts the last few years, but I'd be down to bring the sc this time. mine isn't quite as perfect as yours. But slowly working on it.

Hey Tommy,

(Not to HIJACK the thread :p) But how was the trip to New York? Which one did you end up deciding on taking for the road trip? (SC or SHO) :cool:

After alot of thought I decided on the SHO. I love the SC, but my fear was with the super hot weather it might be too much for the SC. Even after going through everything, it tends to run warmer than the SHO and I didn't want to risk overheating. And it was hot in the west, driving from barstow to vegas was between 112-116 outside. Most of the rest of the way after was much cooler, but then coming back SD, WY, Utah all were very hot again.

SHO ran good, only minor blip was that the starter solenoid or relay decided to act up (probably too much heat soak) and the car refused to crank after I stopped for lunch in WY. Let it cool off and it started right up. (I had a Dodge with a bad starter solenoid that would do this in the heat). And the timing belt tensioner (probably original tensioner) is dying probably from age, but the noise it is making didn't show up until I got home, so I'm ok.

Glad that your trip was without any incident. I understand what you mean about the heat. Some years ago, I decided to take my SC to Arizona and it was a nice 117 F :p

So did you calculate your MPG for each trip (CA --> NY and NY --> CA)? Just curious what you saw with the SHO with A/C and at what average speed
How many miles on the SC and SHO?

I didn't keep track of the mpg, too lazy mostly. In the past when I tracked it once, I think the sho was in the 25 mpg average, mix of driving.

I didn't always have the a/c on, but I did notice that with it off, I did seem to go a bit further before needing to fill up again. The bigger 18.6 gallon tank was another plus over the SC 15.

the SC has about 127K on it, the odometer worker until I foolishly tried to use the trip meter. That was pretty recently.
SHO has 164K after the trip, but it is a very clean 164K, compared to some with alot less mileage. The body and interior are exceptionally clean. I will try and find some pics from the trip to post up at some point.

Back