My new toy

mcate

My "new" 2009 Shelby GT 500! Only 3900 miles! Nice little story behind it; I test drove this exact car 3 years ago when it was new at another dealership. (We did some checking & verified that it's the same car) Couldn't strike the right deal, so we let it slide. It sold in Oct of that year, & the owners rarely drove it. Sat in a garage with the cover over it. They traded it in to Inskeep Ford here in Greenfield, & I wasn't about to let it slip through my hands again! Traded my '09 GT for it. I went over it with a fine tooth comb, almost hoping to find something wrong with it. But it's absolutely flawless. Gonna spend the day today removing all the aftermarket parts off my GT & transferring the ones that fit onto the Shelby.

Attachments

• 2012-08-11_12-48-31_820.jpg
    2012-08-11_12-48-31_820.jpg
    402.8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Black book was like $22.5k, KBB had it at $23 something for excellent condition. I told them mine was better than excellent, & that I needed $24k. That's what I got.

Black book was like $22.5k, KBB had it at $23 something for excellent condition. I told them mine was better than excellent, & that I needed $24k. That's what I got.

Thats pretty good for a 4 year old car. Hard for them to argue though as good as yours looks...

We spent the day stripping the aftermarket stuff off of my '09 so I can get it to the dealer & finalize the paperwork. Pretty cool that I have a good enough relationship with them that they'll let me do that.

Can't wait to give it a good detail!

..congrats Mike.......you finally got your Shelby.....dreams do come true....
z

Thanx! You know, it's like Karma or something. What are the odds of getting a 2nd chance at your dream car? Deb & me both feel like we were meant to own it.

And, of course, the best part is that Deb no longer has the fastest Mustang in the family. Her reign of terror is over!

Hey guys, thought I'd shoot you a couple pics of the Shelby. Got FRPP M-5300-L lowering springs installed, & found some (non-chrome) wheels that I love! They came off my buddy's grabber blue 2010 Shelby. My son bought them, curbed them & blew the RR tire out. I bought them, got the 2 right side wheels refinished, & bought a tire. I think they're perfect on a black car. I put a JLT CAI & tune from Brenspeed on it before winter hit. I'm putting an o/d pulley on it this spring. Brenspeed has a video on their site of an 08 Shelby with the exact same mods making 557 RWHP. It's ridiculous how little has to be done to these cars to make stupid HP.

Attachments

• DSC_0261.jpg
    DSC_0261.jpg
    402.6 KB · Views: 44
  • DSC_0257.jpg
    DSC_0257.jpg
    424.9 KB · Views: 51
Back