2012 SC Shootout: <1 Day Left... What's Left to Do?!

DrFishbone

SCCoA Member
Well, it's getting close to the Shootout again, and I for one always plan on about 3x the amount of work that I could realistically get done on the SC in time for the Shootout....I trust several of you guys are the same. :cool:

So...what do YOU have left to do? :D

I'm hoping I have time to:

- Complete/install a meth injection system (including tuning!) DONE!
- PAINT THE CAR!! :eek::eek: (I hadn't planned on actually doing this, but my wife has been bugging me about it all year....definitely the coolest thing on the "Honey-Do List" :D) not gonna happen :(
- Clean/wash the interior & engine bay
- Change Oil DONE!
- Swap Battery w/ the MustangDONE!
- Align Rear Wheels
- Practice? :rolleyes:

Last edited:
I need to finish wiring my MSD box, and new braille battery. I also need to bleed my brakes, and finalize my tune. Week before Ill probably check the oil, change the plugs, and polish my wheels:cool:

Right now the engine is in pieces and the heads half way across the continent:eek: So

Get the heads back and reassemble the engine, back to the dyno to dial everything in and see if it blows up:rolleyes:
Install the racing harnesses
Reprogram the gear indicator

Ken

No, but it cant hurt. As accurate as this shifter sounds, it could pop into neutral next time, who knows. Its added insurance that only requires a few clicks of a mouse.

• Reinstall engine with new headers.
  • rework exhaust to work with v-band clamps
    [*]install new cam
  • try to straighten out my tune while on a 200+ mile cruise in 3 weeks.
  • wash my car
  • if time permits, wax the car

Last edited:
  • Reinstall engine with new headers.
  • rework exhaust to work with v-band clamps
  • try to straighten out my tune while on a 200+ mile cruise in 3 weeks.
  • wash my car
  • if time permits, wax the car

Kurt, look at vibrant for V bands, They have a super cool quick release design, back the nut off a few turns, and flip the lock, and your done, reverse to reinstall.

Still dont get why the rev limiter wouldnt kick in to keep the engine from doing just what it did.

Ken

If your traveling on the road or dyno and drop a gear, in an extreme way, 3rd to 2nd on a stick car at wot for example, the cars inertia and gearing are going to turn the motor at an rpm to match the wheel speed. Cutting fuel/spark isnt going to change a thing.

-Reinstall heads
-Install new timing set, and crank key
-Reinstall front cover and new oil pump
-Hope that I found all the broken parts from 2011 mishaps....

lots to do and no time again.

1] find out why this car won't start, no spark and everything has already been looked at.
2] finish the new hood's body work and fit it to the car.
3] paint same hood to kind of match the car.
4] look at the trailer and see what it needs.
5] dig the tow truck out of the building and see what it needs...

If all else is a bust, then gas up the SHO and bring it to have fun.....Rich

im not coming this year to beat you all i didnt drive the car all year hardly other then hear and there

and now my truck is broken, dont have a trailer tho i could borrow one again..

and it moved to ky which is like 2 times the drive..

needs to come back to Dayton or closer to Michigan or im out

What made you decide to check your oil pump for damage?

Talking to Master Dalke... He said to check everything that is in works with the cam and drive from cam stalk. Pump housing was all black from galling even though gears didnt look too bad.

UMMM first shootout and I have to.....
1. pull the supercharger, IC, Radiator and the engine down to the block
2. Install new heads, headers, cam, mpx, radiator, FMIC, meth injection, intake, throttle body etc and get the whole thing tuned and running right lol.
3. get drag radials mounted, wash, wax and have a couple dents removed other than that not much lol

I'm really scrambling to get ready here...I've just got to find the time to wash the car. Maybe pull an all nighter and put a coat of wax on it, too. :D

Back