2012 SC Shootout: <1 Day Left... What's Left to Do?!

Almost packed up and ready to go to bed and get up at 4 to head out and finish up packing my car down to the hotel parking lot to hopefully get it running! First shootout for me and its down to the wire but I will be there!

my truck has been getting a vibration in it, so i figured i better look at it. so last week i replaced all 4 ball joints and universals. needed replaced anyways. vibration was still there. went for tire balancing, he said the tires were out of round and that was the cause, kinda sucked because they were still in decent condition. put four new tires on it. still there:mad:. so i figured it had to be the driveshaft. unbolted it, but it still was rusted in bad. so i got in the truck to put it in gear to break it free. fired it up. stood on the break pedal to keep tires from spinning and my foot went to the floor! blew a friggin brake line. so i finally got the driveshaft out and to the driveshaft shop. he called me this morning to tell me that it was rusted so severe that it was too unsafe to balance it, let alone drive it. so after all day trying to find a shaft, and can't get one till monday, i had to throw in the towel. i will miss my first shootout since i started going in 2004

I thought about throwing in the towel but I just borrowed my dads truck my trans went out of mine 2 weeks ago!

my truck has been getting a vibration in it, so i figured i better look at it. so last week i replaced all 4 ball joints and universals. needed replaced anyways. vibration was still there. went for tire balancing, he said the tires were out of round and that was the cause, kinda sucked because they were still in decent condition. put four new tires on it. still there:mad:. so i figured it had to be the driveshaft. unbolted it, but it still was rusted in bad. so i got in the truck to put it in gear to break it free. fired it up. stood on the break pedal to keep tires from spinning and my foot went to the floor! blew a friggin brake line. so i finally got the driveshaft out and to the driveshaft shop. he called me this morning to tell me that it was rusted so severe that it was too unsafe to balance it, let alone drive it. so after all day trying to find a shaft, and can't get one till monday, i had to throw in the towel. i will miss my first shootout since i started going in 2004

Bummer :(

David

I just got to the hotel about 30 minutes ago. The kids stayed up the whole time....I'm sure they will all be a joy to be around tomorrow:rolleyes:

Parking isn't bad right now, but we all know how it will be tomorrow (errr tonight).

Well 27 hrs later 4 flights and 2 car rides I made it home. Alarm went off 5 hrs later and here I sit get my chit ready to meet up with David this morning. Hope everyone has a good journey see yall this afternoon.

Well 27 hrs later 4 flights and 2 car rides I made it home. Alarm went off 5 hrs later and here I sit get my chit ready to meet up with David this morning. Hope everyone has a good journey see yall this afternoon.

See you in a few hours i am packed waiting on Randy mncbchief to get here to load the car and head up to Mtvernon Il on 64 to meet you guys! And were off!

PRE-Shootout carnage! :eek:

What ever happened to the tradition of breakin' stuff AT the Shootout!?

My wife really wants to come down to Winchester tonight, but we can swing the extra hotel night.....sad. :(

So anyways, we'll have a caravan consisting of: 89 SC, 83 Mercury Capri, 03 Mustang GT, and maybe a truck belonging to a guy I met at Pullapart last week! Should be rolling in around 10am tomorrow!

Don't anymore of you guys get sick, break junk, etc.....

Unfortunately, I'll be wrenching on my car tomorrow at the hotel as I found a pretty significant fuel leak that wasn't there before I put the blower on the car. The leak is somewhere near the coil pack, but definitely not any of the injectors. I'm hoping the AN fitting is a little loose. Sadly I will have to remove my upper IC tube and re-seal it at the SC top and IC with trusty orange RTV....yes, still rocking the stock tubes.

This kinda thing is part of what makes the Shootout so awesome in my opinion! Not cool when something goes wrong, but fixing in the the parking lot of the hotel....real gear heads! :cool:

DO WORK KURT! :D

I'm sure you will, but triple-check that leak. Fuel leaks on the motor can turn a sweet ride into a pile of parts easily. :( you have a fire extinguisher onboard, right?

I'll be heading that way soon as I get off work! Filled up this morning on my
Way to work and my canned 93 octane diablosport tune got me from 24.5mpg to 28.2 mixed driving
Currious if I hit 30 on the interstate but hard to keep my foot out of it..

Back