Shootout Smack Down

Really ?

Sounds like you've still got some work to do.

David

Running an 11.41 at Mason Dixon is equal to running an 11.0 - 11.1 at a track with better air, I ran an 11.43 there this weekend so with decent temps and air I should be able to run an 11.1 - 11.2 at Clay City.

Last edited:
Running an 11.41 at Mason Dixon is equal to running an 11.0 - 11.1 at a track with better air, I ran an 11.43 there this weekend so with decent temps and air I should be able to run an 11.1 - 11.2 at Clay City.

Keith,

Yeah, I get that. Just saying that won't be quick enough to run against guys like Kevin & Mike Siska. Unless Chris has got some go-faster changes coming within the next few weeks (like a 4.0 twin screw), I think he'll be running with you and me in Elite Street.

David

What did you break? :eek:

"Have you started taking it apart to see what is damaged?"

I think the stocker is done Dave! It either took out the rings, ring lands or burnt the pistons I'm guessing. May have damaged a valve too but not sure. It blew the valve cover gasket out the driver side and I have oil coming from the bullitt intake manifold and leaking down the air intake/cone filter. Its pushing oil into the intake somehow.

Ralph, I Haven't really had time to check it out and had been sick for over a week. Had other things to do this week. I'm hoping to maybe check some things out over the weekend. Regardless, I expect it will be coming out sometime the next few months. After that who knows? I may try to get some pics after I see what damage I find.

Regardless, may it rest in peace. It has been a good one! Last pass was a 12.90 @ 85 MPH, out of it past the 1000 ft mark. It still runs but is very crippled.

Well didn't it have a big cam or something? I swear I saw a video of it running and it sounded rather nasty.

Nope, the stock 96 shortblock, stock PI heads and a set of stage 1VT cams from several years ago. Same exact set up I'd had in it before just new rings, rod bearings and gaskets.

Made some fuel & exhaust changes, and a few other little things but the same powertrain since 2007.

Back