Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Thread: Coated Rotor Packs from MP

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan A Harris View Post
    Wondering if anyone was at the shoot out racing with this new set up?
    Ryan,

I don't think anyone had this bought/installed at the Shootout, at least I didn't hear of anyone that did.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj ¶ RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? ¶ Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

I ordered some while I was at the shootout if that counts for anything.

I didn't think anyone would have had on already, but I still wanted to check.

I talked with Charles this morning, getting all the details on shipping up to Canada. I also emailed DD to see what he thinks my car may need along with the MPx.

Looking forward to this winter I must say. I was pretty bummed about my car for the last couple of months, now things are picking back up.....

There was a lot of talk about these at the Shootout and they were on display for all to see (if you were looking). The black XR7 with the hood up most of the weekend is the test car we installed these on and reported testing earlier in the thread.

The car went from running 13.7's before the Shootout with a standard MPX to running 13.2's at the Shootout with the new rotor pack.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Guess I should have been looking!

So, 13.7's to 13.2's with no other changes (besides tune, I assume)? If so, and conditions were very similar...that's a killer deal.
    Matt Haub
    Shootouts: '09 SS 1st | '10 Mod1 2nd | '11 Bracket 3rd | '12 Bracket 1st | 2013 | '14 Bracket 3rd | 2015 | '16 Bracket 1st & Mod2 2nd | 2017 |
    Black '89 5spd - 281K miles, MPx, E85, Alky-Inj ¶ RWHP: ? RWTQ: ? ¶ Best 1/4mi:12.521, MPH:107.23mph
    35th Anniversary Auto 46k miles | Red '93 Auto 186k miles
    My Garage

Awesome!!! a 1/2 second just with the rotor pack.

Quote Originally Posted by Micahdogg View Post
    This is a really cool product Charles. Nice work!
    Thanks Micah! I tried to get them done and ready to sell well before the shootout but these things seem to take more time and effort then I ever imagine. Hopefully they will breath new life into the Supercoupe!

Thanks again,
    Charles

So the goal for my motor build is around 500 RWHP. Do you think I can make it there with this new MPX? It would save me a ton of money over a whipple.

How much od is needed with the mpx and the new rotors? Basicly my question is this what
    Else is needed to get this pkg working? Besides big injectors and a tune lol
    93 SC Red Auto 111k
    2013 Shootout Bracket ET First Place
    2015 Shootout Car Show Honerable Mention
    2016 Shootout Mod-1 First Place
    4.2, 2.3 Whipple, 3.73s AOD
    422rwhp 11.360 /??? mph
    90 SC 35th auto 84k

What type of setup was on that motor? Heads cam intake etc? Awesome improvement!
    Last edited by superdadsc; 10-01-2012 at 07:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by superdadsc View Post
    What type of setup was on that motor? Heads can intake etc? Awesome improvement!
    The motor is very mild. It has bigger valves, a CMSII cam and matching valvetrain. We got 25.5mpg @ 70mph highway cruise coming back from the Shootout.
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by r1dd1ck913 View Post
    So the goal for my motor build is around 500 RWHP. Do you think I can make it there with this new MPX? It would save me a ton of money over a whipple.
    Don't count on either of those getting you to 500rwhp without nitrous.
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by DrFishbone View Post
    So, 13.7's to 13.2's with no other changes (besides tune, I assume)? If so, and conditions were very similar...that's a killer deal.
    .....and a driver still in the steep part of the learning curve but still a very impressive result.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

Quote Originally Posted by r1dd1ck913 View Post
    David would be a great resource to try and answer this question. However I can give some info that could help estimate what it would take to make those kinds of numbers.

I have an excel program that I developed and tweaked on that has done a good job so far estimating hp running various pulleys and engine sizes etc.

When I input a 10% increase in volumetric efficiency into the equation I get 517whp if the blower is spun 19250 rpms. This is a very large number and everything else in the system needs to be up to the task.

So, I believe the MPx90 with the coated rotors are up to the task, the question is what else is needed to support that power level. For one thing the MP intake plenum maybe too restrictive to flow that amount of air, the spreadsheet suggests 950cfm is needed. We could modify the plenum to add more capacity, Iím thinking of doing some flowbench work to determine that.

For heads, cams and the like David is our best resource I believe.

Charles

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob_Royer View Post
    How much od is needed with the mpx and the new rotors? Basicly my question is this what
    Else is needed to get this pkg working? Besides big injectors and a tune lol
    Nothing is really needed which is the beauty of this particular upgrade. Whatever you have now will be enhanced.
    Email me here.