Coated Rotor Packs from MP

This is a really cool product Charles. Nice work!

Thanks Micah! I tried to get them done and ready to sell well before the shootout but these things seem to take more time and effort then I ever imagine. Hopefully they will breath new life into the Supercoupe!

Thanks again,
Charles

So the goal for my motor build is around 500 RWHP. Do you think I can make it there with this new MPX? It would save me a ton of money over a whipple.

How much od is needed with the mpx and the new rotors? Basicly my question is this what
Else is needed to get this pkg working? Besides big injectors and a tune lol

What type of setup was on that motor? Heads cam intake etc? Awesome improvement!

Last edited:
What type of setup was on that motor? Heads can intake etc? Awesome improvement!

The motor is very mild. It has bigger valves, a CMSII cam and matching valvetrain. We got 25.5mpg @ 70mph highway cruise coming back from the Shootout.

So, 13.7's to 13.2's with no other changes (besides tune, I assume)? If so, and conditions were very similar...that's a killer deal.

.....and a driver still in the steep part of the learning curve but still a very impressive result.

So the goal for my motor build is around 500 RWHP. Do you think I can make it there with this new MPX? It would save me a ton of money over a whipple.

David would be a great resource to try and answer this question. However I can give some info that could help estimate what it would take to make those kinds of numbers.

I have an excel program that I developed and tweaked on that has done a good job so far estimating hp running various pulleys and engine sizes etc.

When I input a 10% increase in volumetric efficiency into the equation I get 517whp if the blower is spun 19250 rpms. This is a very large number and everything else in the system needs to be up to the task.

So, I believe the MPx90 with the coated rotors are up to the task, the question is what else is needed to support that power level. For one thing the MP intake plenum maybe too restrictive to flow that amount of air, the spreadsheet suggests 950cfm is needed. We could modify the plenum to add more capacity, I’m thinking of doing some flowbench work to determine that.

For heads, cams and the like David is our best resource I believe.

Charles

How much od is needed with the mpx and the new rotors? Basicly my question is this what
Else is needed to get this pkg working? Besides big injectors and a tune lol

Nothing is really needed which is the beauty of this particular upgrade. Whatever you have now will be enhanced.

Missing Private message lost

Someone sent me a private message asking of the Coated rotors are compatible with the MPIII case but when I tried to reply the email was full so I could not send my reply and when I emptied my inbox the system also deleted his message.

Well, the coated rotors are compatible with any M90 supercharger howbeit best performance is realized with the MPx or MPIII case.

Charles

Charles, I have an MP2 and an S-model. We've talked before about how similar the two blowers are, but which of the two would give me the best performance? The S-model is on the car now. The MP2 gave me 1psi more boost but it seems like I may have run better times with the S-model.

Charles, I have an MP2 and an S-model. We've talked before about how similar the two blowers are, but which of the two would give me the best performance? The S-model is on the car now. The MP2 gave me 1psi more boost but it seems like I may have run better times with the S-model.
I can't say it would make much difference really. The MPII was back in the day a way for the early blowers to be upgraded to the newer port design. The S-models were the Gen II Eatons that had small trapped air relief ports, that could be why they ran a bit faster but since the new coated rotors incorporate large trapped air ports I don't think the performance will be any different between the two.

I just placed my order. Even though i am coming to an end running my current setup I wanted to give these a real test spinning them as hard as i do. And making the car faster is always fun! Thanks charles.

I just got my supercharger back with the new rotors installed. I took it for a drive last night but didn't really get on it. With the new coating what is the break in procedure as I know they are supposed to break in like piston coatings correct?

I just got my supercharger back with the new rotors installed. I took it for a drive last night but didn't really get on it. With the new coating what is the break in procedure as I know they are supposed to break in like piston coatings correct?

Let it rip! You've done plenty of break in already

We got our rotor pack pre-lapped from Charles but he said that was a big pain so he was making some adjustments to where he didn't need to do that anymore. I assume yours are not pre-lapped.

We found that after about 1000 miles when we pulled the blower off the motor there was a small amount of black oily coating on everything post-blower. It wasn't much, but it was there and it made me think that if you are going to run this blower, it might be a good idea to have an oil catch can on your PCV. We did not have this and I think that is why we got the black coating on stuff. It wasn't bad, but I would have preferred any coating that came off to remain in powder form rather than coating the inside of everything with a black oily haze.

We did not perform any break in routine other than to put it on the dyno and whip on it but I'm not sure if that made any difference one way or the other.

I just placed my order. Even though i am coming to an end running my current setup I wanted to give these a real test spinning them as hard as i do. And making the car faster is always fun! Thanks charles.

Are you going to get to track any time before winter sets in?

Ken

Back