Coated Rotor Packs from MP

SCDAN keep us posted! Is it possible for a before and after dyno numbers?:D

I plan on reworking my tune a bit, however my prior dyno numbers aren't an accurate measure as I had a boost leak due to the fact my dumb a** forgot to tighten the hose clamp to the hose on the back of the SC inlet and one of the clamps for the bypass coupler was loose as well. This is why I only had around 16PSI when I should of had at around 19-20PSI with non coated rotors at 25% overdrive on the MPX although it can be lower due to the fact I have ported big valve heads. I drove it to work today and have already seen over 20PSI and that was just at 4k at around half throttle :eek: Hope to get to the dyno maybe sometime early next month and will post a thread seeing who might like to come :D

I plan on reworking my tune a bit, however my prior dyno numbers aren't an accurate measure as I had a boost leak due to the fact my dumb a** forgot to tighten the hose clamp to the hose on the back of the SC inlet and one of the clamps for the bypass coupler was loose as well. This is why I only had around 16PSI when I should of had at around 19-20PSI with non coated rotors at 25% overdrive on the MPX although it can be lower due to the fact I have ported big valve heads. I drove it to work today and have already seen over 20PSI and that was just at 4k at around half throttle :eek: Hope to get to the dyno maybe sometime early next month and will post a thread seeing who might like to come :D

25% OD on an MPX with uncoated rotors will not net 20psi. With your cam I'd expect more like 17psi max.

25% OD on an MPX with uncoated rotors will not net 20psi. With your cam I'd expect more like 17psi max.

Thanks for the clarification Dave. Would you say the numbers I was seeing at the dyno were about right then? I know the tune needed more work but with what you saw what would your guess be with the new rotors? I just wanted people to know the car wasn't in perfect running order so there would be some error in the before and after dyno numbers.

I just placed my order. Even though i am coming to an end running my current setup I wanted to give these a real test spinning them as hard as i do. And making the car faster is always fun! Thanks charles.

Im going to be spinning mine 35% any advice lol

going to add another thing to my wish list. I guess when I send the blower to Charles for porting would be a good time to go ahead and do the rotor pack upgrade.

I called Charles on Monday and asked about the SC getting shipped back to me. He said it would ship out this week. It's Thursday and the SC isn't here nor has any shipping information been given. :rolleyes:

Taking the truck down to get new Oil Cooler and a few other goodies put on it and need the Bird to drive while it's in the shop for a week.

dont forget that its the holiday season and charles is probably super busy....just saying

Paid in Sept and shipped end of Oct. been plenty of time before the holiday season in and of itself. I am not angry but disappointed when a vendor is called and asked about a specific product for an individual and given an answer and that doesn't occur. If that makes people happy they are interesting people.

I paid in Oct, but had to wait a few extra weeks because of the rush when Charles had the sale price, plus I changed my shipping plans on him just before the package left MP. When I talked with Charles (on two seperatley occasions) he was good to deal with, for me at least.

Hope yours shows up soon.

Back