What is this bracket for?

jclars

Rear of engine bay, right of center (favors passenger side). could have been hidden under the cowl that I removed. My earlier tracking pics didnt reveal it.

Getting ready to fire it up after replacing the head gaskets. This is the only mystery, if I havent mixed up electrical connections or put water hoses into vacuum ports...

After fireoff, it is planned to move the engine into a 56 F100. Engine mounts will be the next puzzle.

Thanks,
John L.

Another bracket. I can vaguely remember taking this off and thinking, "how can I forget where this one goes?" I forgot.

See pic added below. Wanted to use this post to make them available for future reference in the same spot.

Thanks, John L.

Attachments

• DSCN6757.jpg
    DSCN6757.jpg
    336.8 KB · Views: 242
Last edited:
Isnt that the EGR just to the left of the bracket? It has the corrugated pipe down to the exhaust. Does anyone have a pic of the sensor? Was it equiped with the 1989 automatic with supercharger?

Thanks,
John L.

There should be a soft silicone tube coming off of a small nipple on the tube from the exhaust to the EGR. This will connect to the sensor as well as the electrical connection.

Found the tube under the car. The sensor had slid down by the transmission. Got it reconnected. Thanks to all!

John L.

Can someone tell be location and orientation, size of bolts, etc.

Thanks,
John L.

Attachments

• Small bracket.jpg
    Small bracket.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 55
Thanks! I probably will do without it for now as I am just reassembling to fit the wiring harness up and test run it. Final stage will be to pull it out again and freshen it up before hitting the road, so to speak.

I am just happy that it appears I have a decent grasp on where most everything else goes. Thanks to lots of masking tape labels.

Thanks again. It constantly amazes me how well you folks know your SC's.

John L.

Transducer sits beside the EGR valve. I wasn't even aware that it could slide out of those clips. they look like they're still on.

Bracket that goes behind the alternator that serves little to no purpose. Its like the 49s apendix it will be fine wo it

Back