3.8L SC fits in 1956 F-100

It is the perfect engine for this size truck. The truck is actually about 500# lighter than the SC, but all in the wrong place - the rear. For that reason, I would need some launching lessons before running it at a shootout! I am good with a rolling start, but next to impossible to keep from spinning with brake type launch. It would be fun to know if the 0 - 60 time is better than the stock SC with the lighter overall weight.

I am running on temporary tires for the time. Are there some preferred type tread for best road grip and launch?

BTW - I also own an MGB and a MGA coupe. The truck can keep up with either on a tight curve, and flies away on the straight away.

John

It is the perfect engine for this size truck. The truck is actually about 500# lighter than the SC, but all in the wrong place - the rear. For that reason, I would need some launching lessons before running it at a shootout! I am good with a rolling start, but next to impossible to keep from spinning with brake type launch. It would be fun to know if the 0 - 60 time is better than the stock SC with the lighter overall weight.

I am running on temporary tires for the time. Are there some preferred type tread for best road grip and launch?

BTW - I also own an MGB and a MGA coupe. The truck can keep up with either on a tight curve, and flies away on the straight away.

John

You probably want to run a summer tire. I have the Nitto 420S on my 13 F150 EcoBoost. When I had it full bolt-on with a stout tune they did pretty decent. Still spun like hell in 1st and 2nd, but better than the stock tires.

Just settled on the BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2. Mainly because they were one of the few who offered a 235/45-18.

Eco-boost we are not! I have driven those. With that much crazy power, there should be a few crashing soon to supply the hot rod after market. It would make a fun swap into something.

John

Just settled on the BFGoodrich G-Force Sport Comp 2. Mainly because they were one of the few who offered a 235/45-18.

Eco-boost we are not! I have driven those. With that much crazy power, there should be a few crashing soon to supply the hot rod after market. It would make a fun swap into something.

John
I blew the original engine in my 13, and since I had full bolt-on my warranty was void. So I bought a salvage motor out of another 13 with 7k miles and it included everything. Turbos, piping, literally everything. Bought it shipped for $3,500. Not bad if you think the replacement from Ford was 7k.

I blew the original engine in my 13, and since I had full bolt-on my warranty was void. So I bought a salvage motor out of another 13 with 7k miles and it included everything. Turbos, piping, literally everything. Bought it shipped for $3,500. Not bad if you think the replacement from Ford was 7k.

I will take this discussion offline to discuss, as this is for sure going to get off topic! That is one hot price for any complete low mileage modern tech motor, let alone a Eco-Boost.

John

Back