VMP on 12/1 & 12/8

nickleman60

I plan on running the TNT at VMP next Sat. the 1st and maybe the following Sat. the 8th as well. This will be my final chance in 2012 to get a 10 sec. timeslip so I hope the weather cooperates. If anyone wants to go lets caravan up.

Good luck Keith !

David

Looking at the forecast for this Sat. it looks like temps in the mid 60's and overcast. Not the ideal conditions I'm looking for but I plan on giving it a go. Hopefully the 8th will have cooler temps, I would like to see 40's, the colder the better. Their track prep is always killer so I'm not worrying about hooking up and my car doesn't seem to have any problem hooking and launching at any track, I'm lucky I guess.

Looking at the forecast for this Sat. it looks like temps in the mid 60's and overcast. Not the ideal conditions I'm looking for but I plan on giving it a go. Hopefully the 8th will have cooler temps, I would like to see 40's, the colder the better. Their track prep is always killer so I'm not worrying about hooking up and my car doesn't seem to have any problem hooking and launching at any track, I'm lucky I guess.

But they need a forecast of 50* and no rain to run.

But they need a forecast of 50* and no rain to run.

I know it says that on VMP's site but that's BS. I've ran there the past 2 Dec's with temps in the upper 30's and 40's. Heck, the day I ran my personal best 11.15 it was in the 30's and had snow flurries.

Good Luck Keith

Get those last two weeks. Hopefully one of those will be conducive to some new 10 sec slips.!!

With what?

With the cooler weather my daughter wants to try for a new best time. She is going to a friends baby shower on the 1st, so her last chance will be the 8th. So weather permiting we will be there. She said you owe her a heads up race with no juice. If not I guess there is the Hangover Nationals at Richmond Dragway on Jan 1st.

With the cooler weather my daughter wants to try for a new best time. She is going to a friends baby shower on the 1st, so her last chance will be the 8th. So weather permiting we will be there. She said you owe her a heads up race with no juice. If not I guess there is the Hangover Nationals at Richmond Dragway on Jan 1st.

I don't want to get beat in a heads up race by a girl...............:eek:

But seriously I'm concentrating on running a new personal best before the MPx comes off and that means every run down the track I'll be trying for that, sorry Jen.

I don't want to get beat in a heads up race by a girl...............:eek:

But seriously I'm concentrating on running a new personal best before the MPx comes off and that means every run down the track I'll be trying for that, sorry Jen.

That's what they all say. :p

Did you get a chance to run it today Keith??

Yeah but I had a nitrous solenoid that refused to open, the fuel solenoid worked though. I hadn't run the car, besides starting it up in the garage, since the Shootout so I had no reason to believe anything was malfunctioning. I'll take off the management unit this week and spray some wd-40 in the solenoid and see if it'll lubricate it to work properly. This has happened in the past and that's what I did to get it back spraying. Chris and Sherm brought a couple of Marauders and both ran well.

Back