VMP on 12/1 & 12/8

I would have thought you'd be running a dry kit. What happens if the fuel noid sticks or fails to open? Just curious if your tune is set to compensate or if you rely on a a/f gauge.

Order a new Unit Keith. Not worth the hassle of stuff not working.

Probably the best thing to do. I've had it for many years and only in the last year has it started this problem, it did it at the Shootout & Summer Blast too.

Last edited:
Yeah I know you've had problems at least a couple times. I hate fighting stupid problems like that.

Not sure, Jen's MPX has developed a rattle. I think the rotor pack is going south.

That sucks, I lubed the nitrous solenoid with some WD-40 and it's spraying great now so I might go. Only thing is that it's suppose to be in the 70's, not the cold air I want and need.

It was a long day at VMP yesterday. The weather was in the 70's and for starters they didn't open the track to run until 1:00 pm, 1 hr. behind start time. Then it was open only to 1/8 mile runs due to moisture at the long end of the track, for supposedly 1 hr. Then 30 minutes into that a motorcycle oils down the track from the start to the 330' mark, that takes another 45 minutes to straighten out. They finally started 1/4 mile runs around 3:00 pm and the line was long as hell. My car's gremlin reared it's head and didn't want to start so I jumped it with my jump box and had to leave it running in the staging lanes, nothing like 25 min. of idling to heat soak the engine. I finally get up to the line and run an 11.533 @ 116.80 with a 1.62 60', I think not bad for warm air and a heat soaked engine. I let it cool off for an hr. and since I'm pitted near the staging lane entrance I can see it's only half full in the sportsman light lanes so I once again have to jump my car and leave it running. This time the wait was about 15 minutes, I ran an 11.513 @ 116.00 with a 1.61 60'. I pulled in the pits and straight onto the trailer, I figured that it wasn't going to run any faster on this day and I'm better off taking it home and getting it ready for the Whipple. I'm dissapointed that I wasn't able to run a 10 sec. time with the MPX/nitrous but I'm sure I'll have a smile on my face come spring.

Missed some good weather at cecil, kieth. And a 10.89 car goes 10.31 with a 100 shot of nitrous. And check this 60ft out for a 4200 lb car... 1.41:eek::D

Back