Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Greetings from the UK! 1990 3.8SC

Greetings from the UK! 1990 3.8SC

Not exactly much known about these over here so thought I'd introduce myself to you guys

Bought this a few months ago as my jump into american car ownership

1990 3.8SC AOD in a slightly faded Red with a borked gearbox - Swapped my daily and some cash for it, in hindsight should have kept the daily and saved the cash for a better one but not exactly plentifull over here so will make the best of what I have

More or less standard at present but have a few idea's brewing and to this end when another came up for sale recently I jumped on it and travelled 300miles to fetch it (drove back, had not been driven for a year!)

Its a later 93-94 5-speed SC with a slightly narked engine and very naff exterior including twin 4inch tailpipes this is now being stripped of its gearbox and associated parts to be fitted in the '90 along with anything else I find worth keeping.

Hope to be extracting a bit more power from the engine soon as its in a drivable state again, the current motor is quite healthy and feels to be producing factory figures (using my seat-of-pants dyno) but I need more

Cheers
    Steve - Somerset UK

Welcome to the club and those look to be fixable for sure. We may have a bit of learning on some of the terms you use but I'm sure you feel the same way. Here's looking forward to a long relationship....enjoy the cars..we all do here....Dan
    I don't think I have ever owned a car that was finished---unless it was totaled.

Hey welcome!

I've heard of a few SC's here and there all over Europe but none in Britain. You guys have a very particular car market over there, I'm actually surprised to see that the SC made it there!

Let's see more pix! I'm curious to see how well equipped those cars were. That Teal-colored SC is rare even here in the domestic market!
    Current: 1993 SC 5.0L Auto Red, 1994 SC 5-speed Teal, 1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
    Old: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue, 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal
    Also: 1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5-speed Vibrant Red, 1991 BMW 850i 6-speed Red, 1994 BMW 850CSi 6-speed Red

www.mamn12.com for your mid-atlantic mn12 needs!

Minus the hood scoop I think the engine from the red car should go into the teal car. But you know better whats direction you need to take.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

Thanks for the welcome guys

I believe there may be quite a few LX's in Britain and up until finding the teal-blue SC I thought I had the only SC in Britain.........obviously I was wrong! lol

Both cars are US-spec that have found their way over here, the red one to me is a nicer car to start with (grey leather with all the toys) and the blue one has had a hard life by the looks of it (dirty white leather and nasty bolt-on rubbish) so going to try and make a good one out of the two

The red car has spent almost all its life over here(first year in washington) as it was owned by an goverment offical who was stationed over here then it spent a couple of years in Germany, then France....then back here again! Its certainly had an active life, im down as the third owner for the car and have just managed to get it through its yearly MOT test with a little bit of welding needed and the headlamp aims adjusted so more than happy to use it as a base for converting to manual along with some mods to the drivetrain.

If I'm honest the blue car is prob the better base as it doesn't appear to have been over here that long(lack of rust underneath) but the colour really doesn't appeal to me and not really up for doing a respray along with engine change(engine sounds rough and doesn't boost properly) and interior change so going to turn it into a pile of parts for the red one! at least it gives me a spare pair of heads to play with for the other

Will post up more pics very soon, currently at work

Cheers
    Steve

Teal 93's are very rare...White leather is almost unheard of. Be a shame to tear it up!
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlowpokexX View Post
    Teal 93's are very rare...White leather is almost unheard of. Be a shame to tear it up!
    YES!! Teal in white leather is like finding hen's teeth! Would you take pictures of the inside for us please???? Given the circumstances I would try to keep both man!
    Current: 1993 SC 5.0L Auto Red, 1994 SC 5-speed Teal, 1995 SC 5-speed Chameleon Blue
    Old: 89 SC auto Twilight Blue, 89 SC stick Titanium, 90 35th stick, 92 Sport 5.0L stick, 94 SC stick Black, 1994 SC Auto Teal
    Also: 1992 Feature Mustang Convertible 5-speed Vibrant Red, 1991 BMW 850i 6-speed Red, 1994 BMW 850CSi 6-speed Red

Starting to make me feel guilty now as i'm already quite far into breaking it down BUT was considering building up something a bit different with the remains if I can find somewhere to store the shell (me and a mate are trying to find a workshop we can put our collective collection of cars ) so if that happens soon then I may just keep it!

Here's the only pic I have of the interior at the moment (most of it is stripped out now)

All the seats are in white leather along with the doorcards but the rest is in grey like the centre console and dashboard. The dash is shot now unfortunatly as we had a fight and it lost but could repair it if needed

Got a few days off work so going to continue with the original plan but will keep in mind the rarity of the teal-blue one and try and save whats left for future use

Steve

Thats really really wild. White leather/ Must have been pimptacular when new
    They don't call me "SLOWPOKE" for nothin!
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=110
    Quote Originally Posted by ricardoa1 View Post
    I love the filter. Its pimp. paper element and 10Mircron filtration, 12" long cause size matters.

Any update on these cars?

Cool Im soo happy to see another SC with white leather!

Quote Originally Posted by sleeperviva View Post
    Starting to make me feel guilty now as i'm already quite far into breaking it down BUT was considering building up something a bit different with the remains if I can find somewhere to store the shell (me and a mate are trying to find a workshop we can put our collective collection of cars ) so if that happens soon then I may just keep it!

Here's the only pic I have of the interior at the moment (most of it is stripped out now)

All the seats are in white leather along with the doorcards but the rest is in grey like the centre console and dashboard. The dash is shot now unfortunatly as we had a fight and it lost but could repair it if needed

Got a few days off work so going to continue with the original plan but will keep in mind the rarity of the teal-blue one and try and save whats left for future use

Steve
    Wow, another car with white leather! this is the only car I've seen (other then mine) that has white leather! it Must be a rare option
    to have it with the teal color, i've NEVER seen any SC with a teal exterior color!

I have a 93 SC with sunset red, 5 speed, with the white leather Name:  998.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  191.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 935sp33d View Post
    i've NEVER seen any SC with a teal exterior color! Name:  998.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  191.0 KB
    Like no SC's at all in teal? There's practically a mini cult to them do a quick search....I've had two in the past. Got rid of the 94 automatic and currently have a 94 5speed

THis is my contribution

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...eed-Teal-v2-0-)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by CaifanSC View Post
    Like no SC's at all in teal? There's practically a mini cult to them do a quick search....I've had two in the past. Got rid of the 94 automatic and currently have a 94 5speed

THis is my contribution

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthre...eed-Teal-v2-0-)
    In person I mean, or for sale, I haven't seen one before

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by sleeperviva View Post

Steve
    Would you be selling any parts? i'm looking for the glove box (or the lock) mine is broken and I cant find another one for sale

Glove box

Where in Ont. are you? Bryan in Orangeville has a ton of parts for these cars. Check his listing on kijiji, oddly I only find it when I search Cougar under parts and tires.