Greetings from the UK! 1990 3.8SC

sleeperviva

Not exactly much known about these over here so thought I'd introduce myself to you guys

Bought this a few months ago as my jump into american car ownership:D

DSC_0615.jpg

1990 3.8SC AOD in a slightly faded Red with a borked gearbox - Swapped my daily and some cash for it, in hindsight should have kept the daily and saved the cash for a better one but not exactly plentifull over here so will make the best of what I have:)

More or less standard at present but have a few idea's brewing and to this end when another came up for sale recently I jumped on it and travelled 300miles to fetch it (drove back, had not been driven for a year!)

DSC_0628.jpg

Its a later 93-94 5-speed SC with a slightly narked engine and very naff exterior including twin 4inch tailpipes:eek: this is now being stripped of its gearbox and associated parts to be fitted in the '90 along with anything else I find worth keeping.

Hope to be extracting a bit more power from the engine soon as its in a drivable state again, the current motor is quite healthy and feels to be producing factory figures (using my seat-of-pants dyno) but I need more:cool:

Cheers
Steve - Somerset UK

Welcome to the club and those look to be fixable for sure. We may have a bit of learning on some of the terms you use but I'm sure you feel the same way. Here's looking forward to a long relationship....enjoy the cars..we all do here....Dan

Hey welcome!

I've heard of a few SC's here and there all over Europe but none in Britain. You guys have a very particular car market over there, I'm actually surprised to see that the SC made it there!

Let's see more pix! I'm curious to see how well equipped those cars were. That Teal-colored SC is rare even here in the domestic market!

Minus the hood scoop I think the engine from the red car should go into the teal car. But you know better whats direction you need to take.

Thanks for the welcome guys:)

I believe there may be quite a few LX's in Britain and up until finding the teal-blue SC I thought I had the only SC in Britain.........obviously I was wrong! lol

Both cars are US-spec that have found their way over here, the red one to me is a nicer car to start with (grey leather with all the toys) and the blue one has had a hard life by the looks of it (dirty white leather and nasty bolt-on rubbish) so going to try and make a good one out of the two;)

The red car has spent almost all its life over here(first year in washington) as it was owned by an goverment offical who was stationed over here then it spent a couple of years in Germany, then France....then back here again! Its certainly had an active life, im down as the third owner for the car and have just managed to get it through its yearly MOT test with a little bit of welding needed and the headlamp aims adjusted so more than happy to use it as a base for converting to manual along with some mods to the drivetrain.

If I'm honest the blue car is prob the better base as it doesn't appear to have been over here that long(lack of rust underneath) but the colour really doesn't appeal to me and not really up for doing a respray along with engine change(engine sounds rough and doesn't boost properly) and interior change so going to turn it into a pile of parts for the red one! at least it gives me a spare pair of heads to play with for the other;)

Will post up more pics very soon, currently at work

Cheers
Steve

Teal 93's are very rare...White leather is almost unheard of. Be a shame to tear it up!

YES!! Teal in white leather is like finding hen's teeth! Would you take pictures of the inside for us please???? Given the circumstances I would try to keep both man!

Starting to make me feel guilty now:( as i'm already quite far into breaking it down BUT was considering building up something a bit different with the remains if I can find somewhere to store the shell (me and a mate are trying to find a workshop we can put our collective collection of cars:D ) so if that happens soon then I may just keep it!

Here's the only pic I have of the interior at the moment (most of it is stripped out now)

DSC_0633.jpg

All the seats are in white leather along with the doorcards but the rest is in grey like the centre console and dashboard. The dash is shot now unfortunatly as we had a fight and it lost:rolleyes: but could repair it if needed

Got a few days off work so going to continue with the original plan but will keep in mind the rarity of the teal-blue one and try and save whats left for future use:)

Steve

Im soo happy to see another SC with white leather!

Starting to make me feel guilty now:( as i'm already quite far into breaking it down BUT was considering building up something a bit different with the remains if I can find somewhere to store the shell (me and a mate are trying to find a workshop we can put our collective collection of cars:D ) so if that happens soon then I may just keep it!

Here's the only pic I have of the interior at the moment (most of it is stripped out now)

DSC_0633.jpg

All the seats are in white leather along with the doorcards but the rest is in grey like the centre console and dashboard. The dash is shot now unfortunatly as we had a fight and it lost:rolleyes: but could repair it if needed

Got a few days off work so going to continue with the original plan but will keep in mind the rarity of the teal-blue one and try and save whats left for future use:)

Steve
Wow, another car with white leather! this is the only car I've seen (other then mine) that has white leather! it Must be a rare option
to have it with the teal color, i've NEVER seen any SC with a teal exterior color!

I have a 93 SC with sunset red, 5 speed, with the white leather 998.jpg

Steve

Would you be selling any parts? i'm looking for the glove box (or the lock) mine is broken and I cant find another one for sale

Glove box

Where in Ont. are you? Bryan in Orangeville has a ton of parts for these cars. Check his listing on kijiji, oddly I only find it when I search Cougar under parts and tires.

Not exactly much known about these over here so thought I'd introduce myself to you guys

Bought this a few months ago as my jump into american car ownership:D

DSC_0615.jpg

1990 3.8SC AOD in a slightly faded Red with a borked gearbox - Swapped my daily and some cash for it, in hindsight should have kept the daily and saved the cash for a better one but not exactly plentifull over here so will make the best of what I have:)

More or less standard at present but have a few idea's brewing and to this end when another came up for sale recently I jumped on it and travelled 300miles to fetch it (drove back, had not been driven for a year!)

DSC_0628.jpg

Its a later 93-94 5-speed SC with a slightly narked engine and very naff exterior including twin 4inch tailpipes:eek: this is now being stripped of its gearbox and associated parts to be fitted in the '90 along with anything else I find worth keeping.

Hope to be extracting a bit more power from the engine soon as its in a drivable state again, the current motor is quite healthy and feels to be producing factory figures (using my seat-of-pants dyno) but I need more:cool:

Cheers
Steve - Somerset UK

Welcome to the group!

I need to check, but I thought superpoop was from England as well.
All your thoughts about the 90 vs 93 seem logical until you get to deal with the brakes.
The older Mark sytem will require some work and knowledge, not if but when .
You can read all the SCCOA posts about it. That might be enough for you to decide to keep both

Thanks for the welcome guys:)

I believe there may be quite a few LX's in Britain and up until finding the teal-blue SC I thought I had the only SC in Britain.........obviously I was wrong! lol

Both cars are US-spec that have found their way over here, the red one to me is a nicer car to start with (grey leather with all the toys) and the blue one has had a hard life by the looks of it (dirty white leather and nasty bolt-on rubbish) so going to try and make a good one out of the two;)

The red car has spent almost all its life over here(first year in washington) as it was owned by an goverment offical who was stationed over here then it spent a couple of years in Germany, then France....then back here again! Its certainly had an active life, im down as the third owner for the car and have just managed to get it through its yearly MOT test with a little bit of welding needed and the headlamp aims adjusted so more than happy to use it as a base for converting to manual along with some mods to the drivetrain.

If I'm honest the blue car is prob the better base as it doesn't appear to have been over here that long(lack of rust underneath) but the colour really doesn't appeal to me and not really up for doing a respray along with engine change(engine sounds rough and doesn't boost properly) and interior change so going to turn it into a pile of parts for the red one! at least it gives me a spare pair of heads to play with for the other;)

Will post up more pics very soon, currently at work

Cheers
Steve
Hey big hoss dont rip down that 93 its extremely rare for its body if a new set of heads and parts is what youre after hmu I have tons of spares ps Mexican made lx models used SC parts i.e headers, heads, pancake style master cylinder etc

Back