Bullet Proof, 4340 Chromoly 28 Spline CV Shaft Outers

neverfastenough

Ok I have been working with an engineer at RCV axles on a solution to some of our problems. Everyone seems to break there axles at the outer hub. I know Ive done it, 4 times. I know Dave has, and Doug has, and probably Anthony Arnold, and many Many others. This is the weak point in our cv setup. Drive shaft shop axles are thousands of dollars and no one wants to do that. So heres our option, a direct bolt on,4340 Chromoly 28 spline outer. These will have a life time warranty! This will allow us to have DSS strength on the outers, with out custom or mustang hubs. These will work with all factory rear end components.

This group buy is for the outer hubs ONLY. If someone finds the next weak link RCV will sell us differential flanges if anyone is interested to switch the inboard over to Porsche 930 joints. Custom axle bars are also available in 4340 and 300M any length or spline count. They are also willing to work on new outer hubs for us, You know, those discontinued parts that get ruined by bad wheel bearings!!!!!

Now we can take NOS ford parts or Autozone axles and beef them up to withstand probably anything our 3.8 can dish out.

Heres the pics.
17A88608-BAB1-4317-9462-A4EE99176181-365-000000C517D45B86.jpg

192BAF23-4292-47BF-A9EF-3E2B561E2BEF-365-000000C4F7E3900D.jpg

And the Price Break down. Currently they have 42 in stock.

1-9 $195.00/ea
10-20 $175.00/ea
21-50 $155.00/ea

Im working with them now on how they would like to handle the order, shipping them all to me for example, or shipping to individual buyers.

That means this group buy hasnt started yet, Im leaving it up to you guys to decide a start and ending date. Maybe We can start it around Christmas and run it to the end of January. If anyone doesnt want to wait, PM me and I can set you up with the info to order a pair and have it shipped before, or separate from the group buy.

If this thread shows the interest, Ill start and Official thread with a list of names and a DUE date as soon as I figure out shipping.

EDIT, THESE WILL BE DROP SHIPPED TO THE BUYERS AT 10-15 DOLLERS SHIPPING COST PER PAIR.

Last edited:
I've broken 3 outters, and 1 inner. All were Raxles. All were done with my 5-speed. 1 outter on the street...the rest at the track. Haven't broke one since now that I wemt back to the auto.

I'd want a pair, as well as info on installing them.

Cash Ready!

Last edited:
I'd want a pair, as well as info on installing them.

I spoke with Dave D on this. he said they are held on with a spring style clip. If fixtured correctly a a sharp blow pops them right off. I can ask RCV for recommended instructions.

I need to check with the engineer there, but I think Im going to push this back towards tax return time, maybe starting in feb into march. That way everyone can pinch pennies to upgrade their drive trains. Keep posting your interest tho! Just guessing by this thread so far, if everyone committed, we're at 18. Getting the last price break will be easy.

Edit, unless you guys think I shouldnt wait, in that case we can place an order right at 22 units, since we're not getting a break after that point. Edit your posts with a cash ready if you are. We may have 22 soon.

Last edited:
We'll definitely wait a bit still. We already will have no prob reaching 20+ and Im sure theres more people that havent seen this thread. I can name a bunch who could use this new drivetrain upgrade, rico, ken, keith, micah, the arnolds, zimmerly, ludorf, ira, etc

Back